John Mellencamp Community
April 20, 2024, 06:55:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 109879 times)
bobcougarcat
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 08:22:04 pm »

hi everyone great new site will still miss ccb
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 11:56:23 pm »

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hi everyone, Dar here from the outskirts of Pittsburgh.  I've been a forever fan and attended my first live show in 1994 and have been addicted since.  John's music is the soundtrack of my life and I now have 26 shows under my belt.  Met some of the best people over the years and I see a lot of them are here again! Going to a concert is like a family reunion (without all the weird relatives!) Met the man once, something I will always cherish, and enjoyed my first ever front and center last summer.

Just got home from a two week vacation to find a new community and message board.  Damn urban development!  Couldn't find my way around for a few minutes but it seems to be getting easier.  I have to believe that someone was watching over me as my presale is the only one not to have occurred while I was gone without computer access.  I would have liked to catch a few more shows, especially Cleveland, so I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for any "extras". I hope I can get tickets tomorrow!!!!!!!

Welcome new friends! Hope to see some of the gang this summer and Hello Again Brian!!!!! Good to hear from you!

Dar

mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 12:05:33 am »

hey dar!

the site is pretty user friendly.  i was apprehensive at first, but i'm glad to see many old and new Mellenheads have found their way here.

i had thought about Pittsburgh.  guess i'll wait and see what pops up tomorrow.

considered Cleveland too, but figured i'd better try to restrain myself, so didn't try for any there.

(have you figured out private messages on here yet?)
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 12:28:33 am »

No, I didn't think that there were private messages anymore.

I think my whole family may be going to the pittsburgh show, so I may end up not going for the best seats, so I might need another show to do up close and personal if possible. 
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:55 am »

No, I didn't think that there were private messages anymore.

I think my whole family may be going to the pittsburgh show, so I may end up not going for the best seats, so I might need another show to do up close and personal if possible. 

Yes you can still do personal messages. There is an icon under each person's name over on the left below where their avatar can go.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 10:50:43 am »

Great! Thanks Tony!
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:27 pm »

Hey--I am Sherry aka tattudemellenhead. I have been loving Johns music since I first seen his Hurt So Good and Jack n Diane videos on MTV. I always describe my following as I was a Mellencamp fan for a long time but became a mellenhead after my first Mellencamp concert. I was hooked and I am even more hooked today.  Smiley  Love him and the band, the music, the lyrics, all of it!!!  I will be attending my first Farm Aid this year and I am super excited.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 05:04:34 pm »

Hey I am new to the board, I would check the cherrybomb posts occasionally.  Think the new site is user friendly and visually appealing.  I am one of the young mellencamp fans at 24, I don't know if anyone on this board is around that age.  Ive only been to one mellencamp concert, the other two I had tickets for were cancelled, :-(  I live in Tucson and was born and lived most my life near chicago, and hope to catch his concert in late November (hope he doesnt cancel, lol)  I like all of his music, especially alot of the songs that are not as popular, think "beige to beige", "it all comes true", "ghost towns along the highway", "this may not be the end of the world", "forgiveness" etc...  Think is new album is great, breathe of fresh air without being a downer like LDL&F. 
SteveJhb

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

Hi guys and girls... New to this or any other Mellencamp forum... Been a lifelong fan, living in SA but unfortunately never had the pleasure of seeing the man live... If I do ever make it to The States I will make sure to time it with a tour.
Cannot wait to hear the new album. Life, death, Love & Freedom is, in my humble opinion, one of the best albums ever made so I am really keen to hear the new one.
ottawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 03:44:01 pm »

I got the "No Better Than This" album t-shirt today (American Made) and it feels great
and the CD will come tomorrow. I ordered the t-shirt CD combo. I looking forward to the Clowes Hall show in Indy. It been a couple years since I been to show but it has been 30 years since I saw John on top of Mike's shoulders when he was opening for The Kinks in 1980. I was along the front wall where the stage had a walkout that extended 15 feet into the front on the right side of the stage. There was no wall along the walk way and no chairs on the floor. I don't know if many of you remember the shows from the 1970's with no chairs on the floor. Sleeping bags and girls who could not keep their hands to themselves. Different times and a different kind of feel to the free wheeling style of live music. Where the drum solo was as special as the lead singer belting out the words that you could recite in your sleep. A time when some songs were first heard live long before they got radio play. I always said if it were not live it was jive. Seeing a Alice Cooper show was more than just music it was an experience! Wink Wink Cool Sad
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:34:01 pm by ottawa » Logged

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »

i remember those days brian.  and camping out all night outside whatever record store was the ticketmaster broker.  not sure i could do that, or general admission, now that i'm older, so much older. 
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 07:21:13 am »

Ticketmaster in the record store...I remember it well!
I long for those young girl days!
twofields6

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 01:51:27 pm »

Transplanted Hoosier living in MD now and work in PA.  Have been a Mellenhead forever, lived in Orleans IN, west of Seymour and South of Bloomington.  Remember at IU when John would play around at the bars but wasn't old enough or lucky enough to see him there.  Seen him too many times to count now and puts on the best show.

Hope he comes East on the 2nd leg of the tour.  Wife hasn't experienced a Mellencamp show so will have to baptize her numerous times  Smiley

Met him a few times and have his autograph on an old beer bottle from when I got lucky and got backstage when he opened up for Heart in Indy.  Was awesome.

Look forward to visiting the site and seeing the comments often.
bjimi

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2010, 09:25:46 am »

Hello, I'm another hoosier m'head, been around now and then since Sony and seen JM often as possible since '80. Haven't been on board for quite a while, been busy enduring the highs and lows of life. See some familiar names from the past, i'm Deb with a new name. Used to be, once upon a time, drtjm09 @CCB. Last seen JM @ Willie's picnic last 4th of July, could have seen him attending a rugby tournament in my small town for one of the boys this summer, about 1/2 mile from my house, but didn't know 'til it was over  Undecided. Glad to "see" new and old faces still enjoying our fella. Hope to see a show this tour, very much enjoy the vibe of the new album. Take care yall.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:29:26 am by dimon » Logged
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2010, 10:44:42 am »

Hi Dimon Deb!  Welcome back! Good to hear from you again!

Dar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: