John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 02:30:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 108463 times)
kbvinje
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 10:40:55 am »

Hi! Kjell from Oslo, Norway here. Been a Mellencamp fan since 'American Fool' back in 1982. Have followed him since. Like the 'old' records best!
Works in PR, married, father of two boys (11 and 14, also Mellenheads!)
Will in november attend my first conserts - in St. Louis and in Indianapolis.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:43:57 am by kbvinje » Logged
mark65

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 07:20:51 am »

Hello everyone, I have been a Mellencamp fan for about 30 years. Have always tried to keep up with what is going on with John.  I have 3 daughters who all know and love his music also!!  Haven't got to see a show in a long time, but have tickets to show in Bloomington. I'm very excited to be seeing a show with just John and his band..... and not much excites me anymore   ha!
bullitt

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »

Hey everyone!  I'm Steve...born and raised in southwest Wisconsin.  Now living in Colorado Springs.  Been a fan since '82 when I was in High School.

John's music has been with me through the good and bad over the past 30 years!  His music was there when I was dealing with my twin sister being in a coma.  When I quit college and bought an old beat up Buick and drove to Boston with $400 in my pocket on a whim.  His music was there when my girlfriend broke up with me.  I listened to him after I joined the Air Force and felt so lonely.  His music was there when I married and had two beautiful girls a few years later.  Song after song spoke to me when deployed many times.  Yes, even through the best of times, there were perfect songs to play.  But I especially remember the lowest times in my life when I needed John's music.  I played his music over and over again when my wife of 20 years left me and our girls a few years ago.  The pain was more than I can describe, but John's music spoke to me.  His music was there for me when I lost my brother to cancer just after my wife left me.  (he was only 44) 

Yeah, it was tough, but that is life.  You suck it up and tough it out.  Minutes turn to memories...real fast!  I guess you could say, the bed was made, but there were no sheets on. 

Today, I celebrate with John's music.  I raised my girls on my own for awhile and am now happily remarried.  Life couldn't be any better.  My girls (both 4.0 students) and my wife love Mellencamp as well.  I must admit it's pretty cool to hear my daughters jamming to classic Mellencamp 80s hits before a day of high school, just as I did.  You can't say that about many artists...he is truly an awesome musician.  My wife, my beautiful wife...well, she is a music teacher and she has to suffer by listening to me "try" to sing John's songs...I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but she loves me anyway.  I'm a blessed man.  Let's just say, since I met my wife, she has a new appreciation for John's music.  LOL

My wife and I are headed to the Denver concert in April and we're already way too excited!   Grin

Thanks for being there with me John...what a ride it's been thusfar!

Cheers,
Steve

mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2010, 11:26:52 pm »

hi steve  -  nice to meet you.

i think we can all relate with how john's music speaks to us.  no matter the mood, the attitude, or the reason, there is a song that helps gets us through it, enjoy it, or just straight out rock to it.

you've came to the right place to be with other who 'get it'.

glad things are going well for you, and enjoy your show!
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2010, 12:57:53 am »

Welcome Steve! Thanks for sharing!

Dar
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:58 pm »

hi and welcome aboard to all you new people! hope you have fun at shows or get to go to one if you are still wishing!

Taking my daughter and her friend this time around (14yr). They are excited

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

katy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2010, 12:42:07 pm »

Hi there:

This message from Regina, Saskatchewan where I just managed to buy 4 tickets for the second show here.
Regina is really just a bigger "small town" ....I went to the box office this morning to buy tickets the "Old Fashioned" way, by actually standing in line.
Crazy but true.
I have struggled and been disappointed with trying to get tickets for other acts on line...I think it sucks how corporations, and/or radio stations can by big swacks of tickets..or scalpers...so ordinarily I am pretty DOWN on the system....
I was expecting to NOT get any as when I arrived to a line up of people my own age group and older...waiting...for the box office to open, and finding out the first show was sold out...very fortunately the staff processed the 25 people ahead of me very quickly and by 10:16am I had purchased my tickets....we got orchestra level(although I really wanted closer...but those were a little pricey).
My faith in the "system" is a little bit restored today...and best of all my 2 sons Thor, 14 and Liam 10 have tickets to see a great musician and songwriter..both boys are musical....and this is a show I am really looking forward to and one I am sure my kids will love.
Thanks for coming this way.
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 10:16:48 pm »

katy, glad you got some tickets!  ( i hate hate hate the scalpers!!!)

glad to hear you are taking your kids, they will love it!

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

whitelinefever

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 05:12:07 pm »

::)Hi all, been a long time for me gettin here. Was around the old ccb for a few yrs good to find this place up n runnin. Yea well, even over here in England John speaks through his words and music. Still rockin me after all these years Cheesy
jcmfan11

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2010, 02:31:30 am »

This is my introduction via the tattoo I have on my left hip. I am 38 and ever since 5th grade He has been my all around #1 fav and I have been JCMFAN (we rockin in mpls two nights in a row)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2010, 11:42:08 am »

This is my introduction via the tattoo I have on my left hip. I am 38 and ever since 5th grade He has been my all around #1 fav and I have been JCMFAN (we rockin in mpls two nights in a row)

I must say that's a very cool introduction, nicely done.  Love the tattoo and have to say it's one of my favorite lines too!  Welcome to the site.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2010, 11:53:50 am »

Well, as they say "better late than never"!  Have been active on this site (and CCB) for quite a while but have never gotten around to introducing myself. 

Michele, aka Mitch 1982, here from the far north in Toronto, Canada.  Have been a JM follower and fan since before 1982 when we met.  As a songwriter, John's ,music has been with me for a long time and has evolved at a pace that seems to have matched my own life.  Through the ups and downs life offers there has always been a song to echo my feelings and thoughts. Maybe that's what speaks to so many of us and makes his music so popular?

Loving the site that Tony and his team have designed and continue to run.  What a great user friendly way for all of to connect, comment and share.

I have enjoyed reading what others have contributed and have also enjoyed the photos that people are sharing.  Photography has always been an artistic way of expressing myself and capturing life's precious moments and I'm glad to be able to share some of those "mellenmoments" on this site through my photos.

Welcome to everyone!
accessibility

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2010, 10:55:33 pm »

My name is Pat and I live in three states; colorado, Nebraska and Iowa as it's called a job.  I think the greatest secret in america is the Midwest as we have space to run and play.  I love John Mellencamp's songs and all the music that he has created these last 30+ years.  It is amazing to me how a song can touch ones soul and create a spirit of belief that anything is possible.  Music is powerful and Mr. Mellencamp and his awesome band of musicicans never stop touching our souls.

A message for all thee....

Twas 2 weeks before Christmas and I knew not what to say...
so I picked up some paper and started to play....
I doodled a few trees, when suddenly, I decided to make them 3D's....
So off to the computer I went with great speed, to render my idea, now that I had planted the seed.

The trees grew forever, as far as i could see...
At the end was a message for thee...
Merry christmas Mellenheads and...
See you in April! 

Peace!
Ember

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 02:25:21 am »

Loving the site that Tony and his team have designed and continue to run.  What a great user friendly way for all of to connect, comment and share.

Indeed!  It's a wonderful site, and after lurking for a time I decided to join in all the fun.

I hail from Ottawa, Ontario, and I've had the honour of seeing John play numerous times over the years.  I'm looking forward to sharing the Mellencamp experience with others on the board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: