John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:31:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 108831 times)
beckjwilson
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 11:00:59 am »

Thank you. I have been a Mellencamp fan for many many years, since I was 10 years old and I am now 37. So alot of years. I have been to more John Mellencamp concerts than I can remember. My husband just bought me tickets for his show in Ft. Wayne on November 16. They are in the second row in the orcrastra pit. I am so excited I have never been that close before. I just love John's music.  Smiley

Becky Wilson
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 01:19:49 pm »

good to see you deb, been a long time!
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 09:02:59 pm »

HI to all you Old Posters! Welcome aboard to all the new faces i am seeing around!

Cool

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2010, 06:57:50 am »

Hey Deb.... Nice to 'see' you.  I was wondering if we'd see you around here.    Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
bjimi
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:14 am »

Nice to be "Seen"....thought about using the name Bad Penny, cause I just keep showing up. This new site is in my price range, as I'm still unemployed. Things are looking up around here, just not in my particular work. The Prez has been to my small town 4 times 'cause we're the armpit of the economy. yippee. Still, I try to perservere. JMs music is always such a comfort. That which doesn't kill, eh? Hope all's well with yall. Rock on.
Hoosierval
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2010, 10:10:48 am »

Brian, I remember the days of festival seating, and seeing many artists at one show for a "cheap" price!  Alice Cooper was great and it was an experience. My favorite from the 70's was Led Zeppelin live.  Loved Aerosmith, and The Rolling Stones shows too.

Also saw John open for Heart, remember being upset because I loved John and didn't realize he wasn't the opener when we got there!  But I did really like Heart. Went with a group of girlfriends. 

My husband and I went to many shows in the 70's. Some on campus outdoors, all day events, lots of fun.

Also saw John at bars in Bloomington (wasn't old enough but managed to get in!) 

Good to see everyone that is posting!

Can't wait to see John in October.

Val
Gino

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »

OMG--I HAVE BEEN A HUGE FAN SINCE HIGH SCHOOL-GROWING UP IN A SMALL TOWN, WESTPORT, IN ON JOHNNY "COUGAR" MUSIC. I WAS INTRODUCED (AND ALL OF US IN WESTPORT) BY A GUY NAMED JOHN BENJAMEN FRANKLIN (GOD REST HIS SOUL). HE WENT TO SAME SCHOOL AS YOU AND KNEW OF YOU, IT DIDN'T TAKE MUCH FOR ALL OF US BEFORE WE WERE TOTALLY HOOKED ON YOU. YOUR MUSIC REMINDS OF OUR DEARLY MISSED FRIEND WHO WAS KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER BACK IN 1981 IN SEYMOUR, IN, WHERE HE DROVE A TRUCK FOR HIS DAD HAULING SCRAP METAL. I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR MUSIC,LYRICS, SOUND ALL OF IT, GREAT WORK OF ART IN SO MANY WAYS. I AM NOW GETTING MY 13 YEAR OLD SON INTO YOUR MUSIC, HOPEFULLY I CAN BRING HIM TO ONE OF YOUR CONCERTS HERE IN INDY IN NOVEMBER, I PROMISED I WOULS SEE WHAT I COULD DO. Kiss                                                GINO       
nascarmind

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:33 pm »

I just wanted to say I have been a silent follower of John's I lived in Seymour back in the late 70's and became friends with his family, knew a lot of John very close friends and was able to experience him on his own turf from time to time. Had great seats to all of his concert through the family and so I have continued for 30+ years to buy his albums and keep a hugh collection of information on him I always thought I would put it together and share it with Justice and Teddy Jo but would not even know how to get something like that to the girls. I love John old music but the new album is different from what I am use to hearing from him but, I love it..Cant wait to see him in November when he comes to KC...
molly99

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 10:02:07 pm »

Hi, I'm Yvette from Northern Wisconsin. I've loved John's music since the early 80's when I was in Junior High and heard 'Hurt's so Good'... Bought the album and was hooked. I got to see one show in Green Bay and then last year at Farm Aid in Missouri. I bought tickets to this years Farm Aid in Milwaukee. Would love to go see the show in Mpls as well. I am hoping his tour finds his way closer next leg...

Oh, and I took the cd drive tour of Seymour back in April and took lots of pictures of his and his mom's art.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:28:01 pm by molly99 » Logged
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

I'm Marianne from Maine.  I love the new website and really appreciate all the work that must have gone into getting it up and running.  Besides being a great source of info on all things Mellencamp, its a real way to stay connected because we live about as far from the heartland as can be without falling off into the ocean! (but not in spirit!) We took our daughter with us to a show 17 years ago and we just continued the tradition with each of our sons, so for us it's been a family affair.  Met Sharon at a show in Boston a few years ago and she was so welcoming that I joined CCB and also started getting more passionate about promoting my favorite artist whenever I had the chance.  Chris and I are heading to our first FarmAid and we can't wait. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:33:39 pm by marianne » Logged

-Marianne
michael77

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 10:05:04 pm »

My name is Michael Timothy McAlevey and I am an artist from Santa Monica.  Last night I listened to John's new CD and am flat out stating that it might be one of the greatest collections of music I've ever heard.

It is so different I can't even compare it.....so therefore it stands alone.

John was my favorite music to dance to but now it might be my favorite music to listen to...

INCREDIBLE

THANKS JOHN
kdcranfill21
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2010, 01:37:44 am »

I'm Kim and I live in an extremely rural town which is located about 2 hours from Knoxville, Nashville, and Chattanooga.  I have a 12 year old son named Ian who is the light of my life.  I've never been to a JM show and was hoping to go this time to Nashville but having major problems finding tickets.  I've been a huge fan since the late '70s.  A friend and I had to go to Seymour, IN a few years ago for job related reasons and the highlight of my trip there was the JM hometown sign off I-65.

Kim
djrackers

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:44 pm »

Hello! Denise from Missouri here. Been a fan since the late 70's. You could say I have grown up with John. Going to see him in St. Louis early November taking my daughter, 21 and my niece 16 and my best friend who is turning 50. He is playing at the Fox theater which is an odd venue. I get the "more intimate thing" I just hope it doesn't keep people from getting up and dancing!
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:57 am »

hi to everyone from germany. I listen to Mellencamp´s music since Scarecrow and was a member of minutes to memories fanclub in the 90s, but somehow this got boring which is why i did not join the cherry club bomb net. the new website is different and great, feels more connected to the music and the artist.
hope John will come to europe once again...
northwestboy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 10:11:01 am »

My name is TONY aka northwestboy I am from the UK in the north west of england I have been a mellencamp fan for a long long time and had the great pleasure of seeing him live once so fingers crossed that he will visit us in the uk again soon Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: