John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 06:47:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 108474 times)
mellenhead95
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »

I'm Lee from Dallas, TX & I've been a member here for a while now. I've always been a huge fan of John's music & have quite a few of his albums. He always puts on a good live show. I hope he comes to Dallas on the upcoming tour.
eyesontheprize
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

Been a fan since the 80's and I absolutely wore out Mellencamp's last studio album since he teamed with T-Bone.  Will be seeing him live for the first time from the third row in Ontario, CA. soon!
-Adam
Fullerton, CA
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 05:30:54 pm »

Been a fan since the 80's and I absolutely wore out Mellencamp's last studio album since he teamed with T-Bone.  Will be seeing him live for the first time from the third row in Ontario, CA. soon!
-Adam
Fullerton, CA

welcome adam!

your first time live!  how exciting!  and from the 3rd row?  boy are you in for a treat!!

report back and share your experience with us!
ottawa
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »

Hello, I am Ottawa aka Brian and I am alive and well. I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have 5 kids and 3 grand kids. To all my fellow Club Cherry Bombers friends I am alive and doing as well as I can. I can't remember my last show but it has been a few years for sure. Much of my life is the same with the exception that my children are all older now. Jacob will be 18 next month and Rachael the youngest will be 17 in October. No more child tax credits :-( Well I may go to one of the Indy shows. Look forward to see those I know.

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »

BRIAN!!!!!!!!!

i've missed you!  have thought about you many times.  i sent you a friend request on Facebooks months ago, but doesn't appear you get on there much.

i'm so glad to see you here!! 

not sure if/what shows i'll end up doing, but if i come to Indy, we'll for sure have to meet up.

please keep in touch!
selena
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 10:01:49 pm »

I'm Selena, from Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I've been a devoted Mellencamp fan for 28 years now.  I'm glad I had the good sense at age 12 to latch onto such a prolific artist with a seemingly limitless creative drive, because his music has been a constant companion to me as I've grown up and grown older. 

People who knew me as that crazy Cougar fan in junior high would be amazed if they pulled up next to me at a light, because they'd hear Mellencamp playing and wonder if I even skipped a beat between the 80's and the present day.  Well I guess one difference is that I no longer try to style my hair like his! (Yes, I tried (unsuccessfully, I might add) to emulate his over-the-eye hair as a 13 year old girl!)

John's compassion, his insight into the human condition, and his drive to keep pushing on are truly inspiring to me. I will always love his music, and will always think he's the best dancer!
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 08:11:52 am »

Really nice to see a lot of familiar names popping up here so soon......and a few new ones too.

It'll be great to re-conncect with Mellenheads again even if it is only via the internet.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 07:29:17 pm »

Well hello to all.    Been a long time since I done much posting.   I see many old friends and I remember all the stuff Brian went through and his posts good to see he is well.    Trying to figure out if Mellenme is posting under a name.   I had the chance to meet several of you at St Louis several years ago when JM played at the Fabulous Fox.   Let me know if any of you are coming back and we will meet at the Hard Rock again.   I got to see JM twice last year,  once at Farm Aid and once right  in front of the Stage In East St Louis w/ Dylan  it Rocked !  I think my heart rhythm changed.
johnsindianagirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

Hey, Mandy here.  I was a member of CCB, but I haven't posted in awhile.  Hopefully I'll catch a show this year!

Mandy
DougAnderson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »

Hi everyone, this is Doug in Indy.

I've been a Mellenhead since before I ever heard the term. Not hardly a day goes by without listening to some of JM's music. He creates the soundtrack to my life it seems...

I am digging the new website format. very nice!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 09:51:37 pm »

I think my heart rhythm changed.

Amen to that!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Hoosierval
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 07:43:13 am »

Hi, I'm Val from Indiana.  Have loved John's music since he first started playing in the Bloomington area.  Have been to see him quite a few times over the years, (the last two times he played Terre Haute being the most recent!)  Hoping to go again if I can get a ticket!

Was a paying member for several years, had to give up the membership and am thrilled to have the site free for fans now. 

Val
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 09:21:00 am »

Hi, I'm Val from Indiana.  Have loved John's music since he first started playing in the Bloomington area.  Have been to see him quite a few times over the years, (the last two times he played Terre Haute being the most recent!)  Hoping to go again if I can get a ticket!

Was a paying member for several years, had to give up the membership and am thrilled to have the site free for fans now. 

Val
hey Val!  long time, no see!  glad to see you back!
Hoosierval
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:28 am »

Val
hey Val!  long time, no see!  glad to see you back!
Hoosierval
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 11:49:01 am »

Thanks! Good to see you too and it's good to be back!  Good to see a lot of familiar people!  Hi Brian!  So good to see you. 

Val
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: