John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:42:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 108835 times)
janes6289
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 05:29:20 pm »

A new home and new ID.  I use to post a lot on CCB in a thread that had some pretty HOT pics in it. ;-)   Been a fan since '79/80 and was a member of CCB for 5 yrs.  Found some great people there and am happy to see that they are making their way over to the new digs. I live in CA (Bay Area) and have been known to travel to some shows in the Mid West & hang with some of the best people I know!  ~L  

Leigh...you are using my profile pic!  I tried to upload it several days ago and I couldn't get it to go!  Then I got busy!  Now I have to go back to the drawing board to pick the perfect picture!  I still get to see more shows than you. LOL

I'm Jane from Ohio.  Lifetime JM fan - seems like it anyway.  Seen over 50-60 shows (I think it's more but I have lost count).  My dearest and closest friends are my mellencamp friends. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:03:46 pm by janes6289 » Logged
dreamweaver
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 09:05:04 am »

A new home and new ID.  I use to post a lot on CCB in a thread that had some pretty HOT pics in it. ;-)   Been a fan since '79/80 and was a member of CCB for 5 yrs.  Found some great people there and am happy to see that they are making their way over to the new digs. I live in CA (Bay Area) and have been known to travel to some shows in the Mid West & hang with some of the best people I know!  ~L  

Leigh...you are using my profile pic!  I tried to upload it several days ago and I couldn't get it to go!  Then I got busy!  Now I have to go back to the drawing board to pick the perfect picture!  I still get to see more shows than you. LOL

I'm Jane from Ohio.  Lifetime JM fan - seems like it anyway.  Seen over 50-60 shows (I think it's more but I have lost count).  My dearest and closest friends are my mellencamp friends. 

Your profile pic???  This is the one I had on CCB! LOL  There are soooo many perfect pictures to choose from, I am sure you can find one that you can be happy with.

You kill me Jane!  I hope you are not deprived of shows on this tour.  To hear that you went to less than 6 would be just devastating! LOL  Let me see if I can guess the 6 that are on your list:  Bloomington, Cincinnati, Indianapolis (Clowes Memorial Hall & Hinkle Fieldhouse), Fort Wayne, and Cleveland?  May add Nashville for the hell of it and make it 7?  HA HA HA

Leigh...you are using my profile pic!  I tried to upload it several days ago and I couldn't get it to go!  Then I got busy!  Now I have to go back to the drawing board to pick the perfect picture!  I still get to see more shows than you. LOL

mcginnj
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 07:20:03 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm Buck from Minnesota.  I've been a fan since '81, I hope to be at the Mpls. show in November.  See ya
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »

Finally, someone from MN!  I know there are more of you out there!  We love him in this state.
I am Patti from Central MN.  I am hoping to attend both Mpls shows, One I am taking my brother and his wife to their first performance of our beloved, in NON No Nose Bleed seats.  That is all they ever got years ago when he performed in Arenas.  I remember those days too, do you?  I love his Theater Tours.  He was here in 97 at the Northrop Auditorium for his Mr. Happy Go Lucky tour.  How much fun was that?  Welcome all to our new Site!  We are your fellow Mellenheads!
Patti 
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »

Hey there new faces and fans formerly known as CCB members![/i][/color]
 I've been a fan since I first heard "Cherry Bomb" as a little girl. I've grown up here in central Indiana listening to John's music and living some of it too. His music always inspires me.
Thanks for your hard work on this great new site Tony! Totally excited for all the Mellencamp activity this year and ready to buy my concert tix in the morning!
~Sarah  Kiss

Your Life is Now ~JM
jm_walktall
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 11:27:59 pm »

Hello, I am Ottawa aka Brian and I am alive and well. I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have 5 kids and 3 grand kids. To all my fellow Club Cherry Bombers friends I am alive and doing as well as I can. I can't remember my last show but it has been a few years for sure. Much of my life is the same with the exception that my children are all older now. Jacob will be 18 next month and Rachael the youngest will be 17 in October. No more child tax credits :-( Well I may go to one of the Indy shows. Look forward to see those I know.
******BRIAN******

It is SO good to "hear" your voice!! Paula and I were talking about you a few weeks ago, wondering where you were and how you were doing. I am so glad to see you here on the new message board!

I hope life is treating you well, my friend. I am looking forward to catching up with you!

"If you want change, it starts with  you" John Mellencamp
ottawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:16 am »

It great to know that there are people out there who care and take the time to think of me. I credit many of you for helping me hang in there when the sun did not shine much for me. It still amazes me all the kindness that so many of you shown me when the chips were down in my life. I still work at night at the hospital as I have for the last 17 and half years. The notion
of being retired in less than 10 years is dancing in my head. My father passed away at  the end of May in 2009. I spent four days with him before he died. I realize that we won't be here forever and I looking forward to doing what I want to do not what I have to do. It has been nearly 30 years of non stop children and the notion that I will not need to considered what is best for the kids will come to an end. My choices will soon allow me to follow my own path one that will allow me to follow my own dreams. I almost done with a very long more a year project so I will be able to make time for pictures on Facebook and other enjoyable activities
such as posting from time to time. Brian Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:14 am »

Dolly from NY.  Had the pleasure of meeting so many mellenheads at
shows in NYC.  ASCAP Awards at Lincoln Center, Centerstage, Filming under the Brooklyn Bridge, Housing Works benefit (A personal favorite!)
I've been very fortunate to be able to attend these shows thru Club Cherry Bomb, and appreciate all that everyone does behind the scenes to
make this happen.  Looking forward to NYC area shows in 2011!
Hello to all my mellenhead friends out there!
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:10 pm »

It great to know that there are people out there who care and take the time to think of me. I credit many of you for helping me hang in there when the sun did not shine much for me. It still amazes me all the kindness that so many of you shown me when the chips were down in my life. I still work at night at the hospital as I have for the last 17 and half years. The notion
of being retired in less than 10 years is dancing in my head. My father passed away at  the end of May in 2009. I spent four days with him before he died. I realize that we won't be here forever and I looking forward to doing what I want to do not what I have to do. It has been nearly 30 years of non stop children and the notion that I will not need to considered what is best for the kids will come to an end. My choices will soon allow me to follow my own path one that will allow me to follow my own dreams. I almost done with a very long more a year project so I will be able to make time for pictures on Facebook and other enjoyable activities
such as posting from time to time. Brian Smiley Smiley Smiley

It is so good to see you here!  I hope we can catch up at one of the Indy shows!!

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
teridave
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:00 pm »

Hi, I'm Dave and my wife is Teri,

I left Indiana in 1981 because I was a rebel in my teen years and I thought I hated Indiana so I joined the Navy to get away and see the world. I got really lucky and got to go on an "Around the World" cruise on a brand new aircraft carrier working an a brand new infra red system. Anyway, I was so proud to discover that wherever I went, I found people who loved John's music; Washington state, Austrailia, Europe, Hawaii, the Phillipines, Japan, etc. It made me really proud to be from Indiana.
When my enlistment was complete, I came back to Indiana because I wanted to get an engineering degree from Purdue. I got a job fixing camcorders before school started and met the love of my life, Teri. She had a (what I call) a "shrine" to John Mellencamp in her apartment. She and her friends were going to all of his shows and I became an even more of a fan of John's music.
The years went on and we went to his shows together. We had great times and danced!  His music really makes us feel proud to be from Indiana!
My destiny took me to Bloomington, IN where I live and work.
I wrote a letter to John a few years ago before my wife's birthday to tell him what a fan my wife was and he was kind enough to send her a birthday card.
Teri and I are 10 years younger than John, but when we listen to his music, we're kids again! We love his music!!! Thank you so much for being you, John Mellencamp!
Dave
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:05:44 pm by teridave » Logged
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:47 pm »

Hey Dave. Cool story. Rich.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:50 pm »

thanks for sharing. very cool dave (and teri)  welcome!
rickherold

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 10:26:44 pm »

Howdy everyone  I am Rick from Grand Prairie, Tx (between Dallas and Fort Worth).  I have been a huge Mellencamp fan for more years than I remember.  I have seen John and the Band in San Diego, Conneticut, Minnesota, Biloxi, Oklahoma City and evertime he comes to Dallas.  I bought tickets for the show in Nashville for No Better Than This....just because of the history of it all!

I hope to meet y'all in Nashville, of if the tour comes to Dallas in 2011!

Rick Herold
colleen0309

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 09:35:12 am »

Good Morning All! I'm Colleen from Western New York. i am so glad to see so many familiar people here. The site looks great.
farfelp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:55 pm »

Hello, I am Ottawa aka Brian and I am alive and well. I live in Indianapolis, IN. I have 5 kids and 3 grand kids. To all my fellow Club Cherry Bombers friends I am alive and doing as well as I can. I can't remember my last show but it has been a few years for sure. Much of my life is the same with the exception that my children are all older now. Jacob will be 18 next month and Rachael the youngest will be 17 in October. No more child tax credits :-( Well I may go to one of the Indy shows. Look forward to see those I know.

Brian, it is so good to hear from you! I've been able to keep up with a bunch of the folks, but sure miss hearing from you and several others I hope will pop up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: