John Mellencamp Community
March 18, 2024, 10:39:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome and hello!  (Read 108456 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:03 pm »

Hi I am Sharon! I am one of the administrators of Mellencamp.com some of you may know me from the CCB Message board!  Welcome and I hope you like our new site!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

I am TonyB, John's long time webmaster/web manager. I am sure many of you have conversed with me over the years on our old message boards or by email.

Send me an email at [email protected] with any questions/problems you have!

Have fun on here, 2010 is a great year to be a Mellencamp fan!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
wildviolet
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

Kim, aka wildviolet here.  I've been scarce for a while with the changes at CCB.  I enjoy John's music because his lyrics resonate with me.  It's always been there for me in good times and bad. 
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:57:35 am »

Phew! The change over from Club Cherry Bomb was easy!

I'm Ruth.  Been around JM's message boards for quite few years now and although I haven't met anyone else from the boards in person, I consider many of the other regulars as good freinds.  I live in Australia and have been listening to JM's music since 1978.  I love his music, I love seeing him in concert, and love the way he has grown as songwriter over the years.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:14:38 am »

Paula here, aka mellenheadinohio.  I've been around for a lot of years, back in the days of the old Sony boards, all through Club Cherry Bomb's run, and now, into the new Mellencamp.com

I love the look of the new site.  I'm really glad to see the message boards transfer.

It's an exciting time to be a Mellenhead!

Hello to all the 'old' Mellenheads, and welcome to all the new!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:48:47 am »

Hello, everyone! Very happy to see a new Mellenhead community forming. I've been following JM on the web for over 10 years, first on a yahoo list, then somewhat on the old Sony boards, and 5 years on CCB. Love the new look, with all the bells and whistles, and the fact we can still communicate via a forum.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:12:32 am »

Smiley Wink Grin Angry Sad Shocked Huh Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed  Undecided Kiss Cry

This sure is lot to decipher first thing in the morning. I'll be back after I've had some coffee.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 10:52:14 am »

Hi everyone!!  I'm soooo happy to be back!  I'm Kyra, living in Central Indiana!  Been loving John since I was about 10.  I'm thankful that my parents loved him, too, so I was able to grow up with his music until I was able to buy it for myself! 

I love the new site and cannot wait for the tour announcement!!!  Hope to see you all on the road!!!
 Cheesy

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
farfelp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 08:41:46 pm »

Patricia from Sacramento here, glad to have a new home and see old friends reconnecting! hope to find some new ones too!

Rich - Try freshly made orange-carrot-ginger juice in the morning. That's the stuff!
dreamweaver
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 08:52:03 pm »

A new home and new ID.  I use to post a lot on CCB in a thread that had some pretty HOT pics in it. ;-)   Been a fan since '79/80 and was a member of CCB for 5 yrs.  Found some great people there and am happy to see that they are making their way over to the new digs. I live in CA (Bay Area) and have been known to travel to some shows in the Mid West & hang with some of the best people I know!  ~L  

tedibayers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:05:51 pm »

Hello everyone!! Gail here, from NJ but living in western PA. I've been a Mellenhead since the early 80's, joined CCB about 5 years ago. I've met some amazing Mellenheads through CCB, including JM. It'll be great reconnecting with the old Mellenheads, meeting some new and seeing more of Leigh's beautiful man pics!!

Everything is cool as can be
In a Peaceful World..

Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters....(Metallica)

~Gail~
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 10:53:48 am »

Hello to all my old friends!
Hopefully some new people will find their way here too!

CCB was my home inside the internet for so many years that i hate to see it go, however this looks like it will be a good place too!

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

thorngenx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 11:57:26 am »

Hi everyone, ThornGenX here, or some may think of it as "I'm baaaack."  Nice to see a new forum.  I have been to one Mellencamp concert a couple years ago in Berkeley, CA.  It was lots of fun meeting some of you and of course hanging out with my friend Farfelp.

ThornGenX First John Mellencamp concert so far Aug 2, 2008 at Berkeley, California
jm_walktall
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 12:12:30 pm »

Hey everyone! It's so funny cuz we all already know each other! I hope we have some new "faces" join our new discussion board.

So, yep, it's Christine, aka jm_walktall. I've been a fan since I was 15 years old, from the moment I saw the Crumblin Down video for the first time, my life changed forever. I've been a "Crazy One" since 1991...been to too many shows to count, somewhere near 80. I have four JM tattoos: his autograph, a collection of song titles in the shape of a cross that John actually drew, a scarecrow, and the symbols from Life Death Love and Freedom.

If I could sum up why I love John in 25 words or less? His music is a philosophy by which I live my life every day, and I wouldn't be who or where I am today without his music. And, he is the one thing in my life that has never let me down. With JM's music, and with the friends I've met over the years because of JM, I am never alone, and I have some of the best friends anyone could ever want and need.

Okay, so I can't count, but if I don't stop there, I'll go on for days...

Welcome back to all of us!

"If you want change, it starts with  you" John Mellencamp
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 02:17:08 pm »

Susan here from Tennessee. Hi everyone...........hope to see a lot of u this year.....Mellenheads are the BEST!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: