John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:46:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: John on A&E Sunday, New Orleans Jazz Fest Appearance Announced  (Read 30542 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:51 am »

Mellencamp News

JOHN TO APPEAR ON A&E'S PRIVATE SESSIONS WITH LYNN HOFFMAN THIS SUNDAY
In early December, John paid a visit to A&E's studios for an interview and acoustic performance with the Private Sessions host Lynn Hoffman. The one hour conversation and mini concert debuts this Sunday January 23rd at 9 AM ET. Head to the Private Sessions website to view photos from the show.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

JOHN TO PERFORM AT NEW ORLEANS JAZZ FEST
Details were announced today for the 2011 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and John is on the roster of artists performing!

John's performance will be on Sunday, May 1st. There are over 600 artists expected to perform at the world renowned fest that takes place at New Orleans' Fair Grounds Race Course over 10 days.

The Festival celebrates the indigenous music and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana, so the music encompasses every style associated with the city and the state: blues, R&B, gospel, Cajun, zydeco, Afro-Caribbean, folk, Latin, rock, rap, country, bluegrass and everything in between. And of course there is lots of jazz, both contemporary and traditional.

Visit www.nojazzfest.com to purchase tickets!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

FRONT ROW WINNERS BEING SELECTED! DID YOU REDEEM YOUR MP3 CODES FOR A CHANCE TO BE SELECTED?
We have begun selecting winners, watch your email to see if you have been picked for a Front Row Seat Upgrade! Many of you have not yet redeemed your free MP3 download of No Better Than This - and time is running out for you to win a front row upgrade!

Yes, there's still time to redeem your download and, no, it doesn't cost anything. It's easy too: If you purchased tickets to any U.S. show on the February through April 2011 No Better Than This Tour and redeemed your album MP3 download codes you have a chance to be as close to the stage as any non-band or crew member to see and hear one of music's all-time greatest singer-songwriters from, quite literally, "the best seats in the house."

Two weeks before each of the U.S. shows, starting this week, winners of the FRONT ROW UPGRADE will be selected and contacted. Redeem today before it's too late! Click HERE for detailed instructions.

Tour News

2011 TOUR DATES ABOUT TO BEGIN - GREAT SEATS JUST RELEASED
The 2nd and 3rd legs of John's No Better Than This Tour are almost upon us!

If you haven't yet purchased tickets, now is the time to pick some up! Click HERE to check out the tickets available. You might be surprised what you find as we have recently released some excellent seats for all shows that had been held back until now.

The tour has received rave reviews from fans and press alike. The show was picked as the best of the year by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and also by AntiMusic.com's Anthony Kuminski who wrote "John Mellencamp's latest concert tour is full of American fools, dreamers, saints, sinners and above all else survivors. For over two hours, Mellencamp shined a light on these characters in what is more than his best concert tour in nearly two decades, but without question, the best concert I experienced in all of 2010..."

Website Updates

"SAVE SOME TIME TO DREAM" RADIO REQUESTS
John's newest single is "Save Some Time To Dream" from No Better Than This. The track, a concert highlight on John's current tour, has been sent to Adult Album Alternative (AAA/Triple A) and Americana format radio stations. Now is an ideal time to contact your local stations to request it. Click HERE for more information along with a list of key stations.

Ticket News

GREAT SEATS AVAILABLE VIA PREMIUM TICKET PACKAGE
All shows feature No Better Than This Tour Premium Ticket Packages. Each package includes a premium ticket in the first 10 rows along with an impressive set of exclusive and collectible Mellencamp items! Quantities are limited, so be sure to act quickly! Packages are on sale now!

No Better Than This Tour Premium Ticket Package Details
Package includes:
* One reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows of the stage
* Exclusive John Mellencamp Concert Shirt
* Collectible Tour Poster (limited, numbered)
* Limited edition vinyl copy of John Mellencamp's new album No Better Than This
* Commemorative Tour Laminate

>> LEARN MORE ABOUT PREMIUM TICKET PACKAGES <

Guitar Wings No Better Than This 2010-2011 Tour Tee

This pigment black men's tee reads 'John Mellencamp 2010 2011 No Better Than This' on front. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW!
Women's Long-Sleeve Little Pink Houses Shirt

This women's indigo long sleeve tee reads 'little pink houses' on front and 'for you and me' on the back bottom. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW!
No Better Than This 2010-2011 Tour Tee

This black men's tee reads 'John Mellencamp No Better Than This' on front. The back lists the 2010-2011 tour itinerary. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW!

As always, thank you for your continued support!!

TonyB -Webmaster, Mellencamp.com - [email protected]

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:23 pm »

The preveiw for the A&E show looks good.  I'll definitely have to see what time it plays in my local market and watch it.
LynnB68
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:08 am »

I saw the preview for the show last Sunday and it should be a great hour to listen to John sing and talk.  I watch Private Sessions almost every Sunday morning.  The interview setting is different from most of the ones you normally see on TV.  I live in Clearwater, Florida and the show airs Sunday mornings at 9AM on A&E.  You can probably go on line and google A&E, and they should have the schedule posted so you can find out when the show will air in your town.

Lynn Bachman
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:29 am »

I'm getting ready to brew some coffee and curl up on the couch to watch Private Sessions this morning.  It's ridiculously cold in Indiana and I can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend a cozy morning with John Wink

Your Life is Now ~JM
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:19 am »

Wonderful program!  Love the story of the Dalai lama rebooting John!  Very cool new details about Ghost Brothers musical.  And I agree with Lynn....it would be perfectly fine for 59 year old John to take his shirt off Wink

Your Life is Now ~JM
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

That was one of my favorite parts too, the Dalai Lama story! In my area, Homeward Bound was sopposed to run before Private Sessions and iat ended up being a Johnny Cash special. I watched the tailend of it and did see a short talk with John about Johnny. So it wasn't a total loss, plus I like Johnny Cash too.  Smiley   But still, I was looking forward to a couple hours of Mellencamp.  LOL   We DVR'd it, so I just may have to watch both again.
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »

Really enjoyed the special and the performances and discussions.  I had read about the Homeward Bound special being first too, and got up early to record both as I lost the HB special when the VCR ate my tape last summer, but sad to say it was not on in my area.  I feel like such a wizard with technology, though!  I actually recorded it onto a DVD!  Me!  Now that I know I can do that, I'm invinceable!!!!! Maybe I'll even learn how to burn a CD!

Dar
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 03:52:44 pm »

Just another person chiming in about how great the show was this morning.  I loved the performance and the interview was good as well and I liked the stories john told, i.e. Dali Lama and I liked his perspective on the video/movie that is opening this tour.  I only wish this show could have been 2-3 hours with more performances and more interview.  All around a very good and interesting show.
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 07:38:42 pm »

Lynn Hoffman has a clue.  She didn't ask anything about his personal life, nor did she bring up his smoking.  It was all about his music and songwriting and the NBTT tour.  It was like she pulled at his creative heartstrings of his career and he didn't hesitate to talk about them. IMHO, I think he gets frustrated when people care more about everything else about him.... BUT his music. All you want to do is throw his lyrics at them and tell them to read them when you hear those nonsense questions in his inteviews ....What I enjoyed the most was just how much fun Lynn was having with him..... face to face....! I wished I was her the entire hour I watched this show....  Yes, he is a modest little bastard but that is why we love him so.  Sure John, Lynn really wanted you to take off your shirt just like all of us did.  And when he thinks some people think that he may be the devil!?  Priceless.  I also get a kick out of him when he uses the words...."Million" and "It never dawned on me".  I love the hillbilly in him yet he can be so tough.  OK, what's not to like?  Ha  I could go on and on.....
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 08:34:57 pm »

I posted this in a different spot.....but....didn't anyone find it a bit awkward that he kept referring to Elaine as his wife?  When was this interview done?

But he certainly comes up with some good ones....."deafer than Job's turkey"?  

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:43:39 am by walktall2010 » Logged
beckjwilson
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »

I recorded Private Sessions and just got to watch it. WOW it was great. But what can I say it was John Mellencamp!!!!!! He is so hot  Wink

Becky Wilson
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »

Cool

It was indeed a GREAT show!  He was not wearing his wedding band - had some big ring on middle finger.  Since it was recorded in early December, that would be after he and Meg "allegedly" began their affair - according to HER sources.  And apparently from different accounts, John and Elaine had been separated for "several months" prior the the announcement.  It is all so strange and so sad.  Elaine is such a class act and they seemed so great together.  It will be interesting how this mess develops.  John did seem supportive of Elaine and nothing negative was even noted in eyes or body language during the interview.  You would never know they were even separated or that he was carrying on with Meg at the time.  Maybe not..............

jcooprx
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 10:22:31 am »

I guess that's why it was kind of awkward.....either he really does care about Elaine and something went goofy/haywire in that relationship....or he's a really good actor.......

But it was a good interview.

The part that got me was when he talked about the real message of the NBTT Tour Movie.  Unfortunately I think very few people got the message that was intended by the movie maker.  A lot of the attendees at the concert I went to were not paying attention to what was said in the movie....partly because the sound was really bad.  I don't think they took it as a movie with a message...just an extended concert video.  And it sounds like there were many messages.....I would like to see it again.

Mary in Michigan
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 10:44:02 am »

I posted this in a different spot.....but....didn't anyone find it a bit awkward that he kept referring to Elaine as his wife?  When was this interview done?

But he certainly comes up with some good ones....."deafer than Job's turkey"?  

Mary in Michigan

This was taped on Dec. 7 and they've been physically separated since "on or about Sept. 1," according to the official divorce document.
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 11:02:09 am »

I want to respond about John referring to Elaine as his wife. This is not the appropriate thread for that, so if you're interested, please see the post under "John and ELaine Split".

I agree that Lynn has a clue and was behooved to keep the topics relevant to Johns music. 

Your Life is Now ~JM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: