John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:59:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Wheels Plays Mellencamp at B.B. Kings  (Read 9261 times)
theojkett
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:00:48 am »

On February 1st, Human Wheels, a John Mellencamp Tribute Band, performed a 1-1/2 hour concert of his hits back to "I need a lover" and up to "Our Country".  Packed house.  Go to www.reverbnation.com/humanwheels to see video and pictures of the show.

Ted (the JM sound-alike)
Human Wheels
Playing the Music of John Mellencamp
agoddess_99

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:38 pm »

I went and listened to the various songs and I have to say while I applaud their effort there is no replacement for the one true John Mellencamp.  The inflection is all wrong and as a whole it it just is off somehow.
theojkett

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »

I appreciate you listening. 

Sadly, the audio recordings were recorded long ago with different musicians and with a different recording process that left us unhappy about it.  The video's however are better and closer to what we really sound like. 

Since the appearance at B.B. Kings, we have changed more personnel and have performed at quite a few high profile engagements and have received plenty of wonderful compliments.

As the lead singer, I will never replace Mr. Mellencamp and that is not the intent, but I do my best to give the audience a show they will enjoy and play the music they love.

John himself sent a message to us while we performed at a festival in Red Bank, NJ and said he likes what we are doing and to keep up the good work.

We'll be out in Indiana for a few dates at Indiana Live! on January 13th and 14th.  If you're in the area, please stop by and say hello.

Thanks a bunch!

Ted K.
Human Wheels.
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:29 am »

Checked out the website, your band does justice to John's music!
Well done!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: