John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:35:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setlists  (Read 6422 times)
jszfunk
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:17:07 pm »

Just would like some thoughts on Johns setlist. We went to the Louisville show the other day. I was hoping to hear some of the songs from OPS(besides Stones in My Passway), but that did not happen.

I would like to see him rotate his standard setlist songs with more
deep tracks. I understand he has to play the hits(for the crowd,please the masses) or a good portion, but to be honest I could careless if I were to ever hear any of those again. No offense to John and that material, but I have heard enough to last me a life time. But like I said you have to please the masses. It might freshen things up for him and the audience.

John has some great deep stuff and honestly I prefer the material of the last 10-11 yrs more than anything.
The 90's has some really solid material, and its ignored in concert.

I would like to hear him do a stripped down acoustic tour, more rootsy/folk/blues flavor. Thats where he shines IMHO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: