John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:18:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest rockīnīroll album  (Read 5807 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »

My favourite Mellencamp music has always been political stuff, protest songs in their way. Pink Houses, Rain On The Scarecrow, Paper In Fire, Jackie Brown, To Washington, Rodeo Clown, The West End, just to mention a few.

John has always been the best in combining great melodies with a protest saying. Springsteen sang about running away, Dylan about a lot of things, the Stones about girls, Neil Youngīs voice is too high,...Mellencamp has the melodies, the shouting voice and the right message.

And the moment to raise his voice has rarely been so right as currently.
I would like to hear a complete rockīnīroll album by a furious John shouting at all those idiots.
For some years now, the world has been in an enormous changing process, and I still miss the rock album to raise some questions.

Will the financial crisis ever end or is this just the beginning of the end?
Why is there such a huge gap between the politicians and the people?
How many guns does a man need to be free?
When will the last man understand that the nature will strike back?
...any many more, too many questions unanswered.

WE NEED YOU, JOHN! We need your voice now, and we want it loud!
JesseJoe
One of the Crazy Ones...
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:24:36 am »

Very well said & I agree 100%.

Well this earth is a graveyard it will swallow our bones, it was here long before us, it will be here when we're gone. ~JM~
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:04:25 am »

A kick ass, political, rock & roll, reunion album with Kenny and the old gang would be great and would get LOTS of attention, but at this point i'm willing to settle for anything. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: