John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:06:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: More John and Meg Photos  (Read 27555 times)
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 05:14:49 am »

You and me both Dar!   Don't know where to get the camera or photographer, but we at least have an idea where to get the outfit.....we'll start in NY and if we don't find him there, we'll head back to Indiana!    Wink lol! Wink

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »

I have not felt like sharing my feelings about this until the shock had worn off. Now, it just continues to make me nauseous to see all these photos of John with Meg in New York. I am NOT stating a judgement of who is right or wrong-this is only my emotions. (Post #4 from WildNight has a point.)  John does not seem to be the person I have followed for 30 years now. Sad as it is, nothing will ever stay the same no matter how much we want it to! Yes, I am still a fan, but just not a happy one right now. The news of John and Elaine's split has been taken as personal as my own family, and this type of thing does affect everyone in a family. I was kind of numb for a few days after hearing this. Then it turned to confusion as to how this could be happening. Now it is a feeling of disappointment in life. How does a love go so wrong? I think most of John's fans remember when he met Elaine so many years ago for the video shoot, and how she seemed to bring out the best (and smiling) in him after their marriage. I only wish happiness to each of them, and especially to their beautiful boys, Hud and Speck!                                                                                     "You're sad and disgusted, is what you've grown up to be. Bet you had no idea what your dream would turn out to be. When you live for yourself, it's hard on everyone" - (from "Big Daddy"-1989)
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:24:04 pm »

I've been through a divorce, so I could never place judgment on anyone else going through one. Lots of our friends thought my wife and I were a happy couple. We weren't I felt like I was in a cage getting smaller every day. When I finally got out, I was so relieved. She and I get along better today than when we were married.

We don't know what went on in their house, in their lives. I wish nothing but the best for Elaine and John. Both will land on their feet. Both are good people.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:24:08 am »

I like both these last statements.  I too, was very upset and disappointed and I feel we ARE somewhat family and should care about this.  As I mentioned...we've kind of grown up with Elaine, Hud and Speck.  Elaine was always at John's concerts...I met her a couple of times.  While we weren't best friends I did care about her.  I wish there was word on what she's doing.  But - as said - one never knows what goes on in another's household...."the bed's made but there's no sheets on".  I would just like to know that she's doing OK and what her future plans are besides "raising the kids in Indiana."  John's a crazy guy....probably amazing she was with him this long.

When you read the "Q" report or magazine or whatever it was on the home page it makes him sound like a real nut....brandishing a cane and yelling at people.  Yikes!  Then you see photos of him with Meg and he looks like a pleasant fellow.  Who knows...I guess I've taken to focusing on the words and music because they have meant so much to me all these years. 

But we will mourn...because "the least that we can do is care".  That's a line from Kid Rocks' new CD.....another crazy artist who still manages to come up with some good stuff.

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:45:04 pm »

mtotoch, I'm with ya, Kid Rock is one of the people my age carrying the torch for this kind of music to the next generation. He is growing up and saying some great things in his songs.

As for John, he's an artist. So you know he's going to be eccentric and different. Many people with great minds will many times march to a little different beat.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 01:50:36 pm »

Its heartbreaking to see.  Huh

Totally. I just hope he and Elaine are both okay. 

Your Life is Now ~JM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: