John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:28:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: John and Elaine  (Read 83547 times)
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »

Another good tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_cGuA7C9vs

I'm sure John,Elaine and family approve of your "discussion".

Adios.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 03:57:43 pm »

Well that was mature....

turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 04:01:15 pm »

thanks for the tunes and the recipes!
i agree that it´s none of our business. it´s totally private and has got nothing to do with john mellencamp´s music. as fans we are no way part of anybody´s family, this is all too cheap.
i wonder where america´s liberalism and sense of freedom has gone? a liberal artist like mellencamp deserves liberal fans. he has another new album out, a box set, is on an extensive tour, has been more creative in the past years than everyone....and the most important thing here seems to be who he is dating? you must all be very bored, i guess.
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

I repeat..................

In the leg labeled    JOHN AND ELAINE  we will talk about JOHN AND ELAINE.

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary In Michigan
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »

Mary I back you 100%, while I dont have anything more to voice about the whole John and Elaine ordeal, you have every right to talk about it.  This is a John and Elaine section and you have not said anything offensive.  I appreciate your input on the topic and enjoy reading your posts.  I do not enjoy reading some of the other posts about recipes and using songs to help them voice there opinion, its childish and quite simply uncalled for.  This is the beauty of free speech and the internet.  And if you don't like a certain topic then don't read it.  As long as everyone is being respectful you have a right to talk about anything that is Mellencamp related. In fact if you dislike the topic so much create a new topic about disliking this topic.  Thats how this works people.

Mary thank you again for you input and feel free to post what you'd like about this subject, I will be reading.

"beige to beige thats all it is these days"
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:51 am »

Wow - thank you.  It seems people are under the impression that we are "gossiping" about this whole situation.  We're not - at least I'm not.  I'm upset and concerned.  I know famous people need their privacy, but if we had had ANY kind of clue that there was trouble in the marriage I don't think we would be wondering and talking about it so much.  It's upsetting. 

It's also frustrating when you're trying to have "conversations" with fans of an artist and they throw back insults.  I thought we were all on the same page on this website...Mellencamp friends and fans.  Didn't think we were here to attack each other.

Anyway -  thanks for your support!

Mary in Michigan
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 01:47:32 pm »

Please Read: There are all kinds of John Mellencamp fans. Some fans are only interested in John’s music there are other fans that are interested all facets of John's experience, not just his music, such as Elaine and their family.

While we do not encourage discussion of John's personal matters we don't prohibit them either as long as they are done in a safe and fair manner. This thread contains a discussion of this type. Several complaints have been made to us about posters trying to derail the thread.

Any posts that do not fit this discussion may be deleted. Thank you for your understanding.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

So - I keep wondering what happened....and in that wondering I found myself looking at my own life.  My husband is a high school ski coach...has been for our whole 30 year marriage.  I hate ski season.  Every plan we try to make is interrupted with phone calls, or newly announced meetings, ski meets etc.  It takes all his free time.  I can only imagine what it's like to be married to a performer like John.  I imagine there is very little free time to spend with family and what ever free time there is is often interupted.  Guess it really sunk in when I was trying to talk to my husband about something and his phone kept ringing. My problems last the winter....John's and Elaine's would last year round.  It has to be hard.

Thanks for listening.....just rambling "out loud."

Mary in Michigan
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 09:32:31 pm »

Why is it such an issue to have this as a discussion?  If you don't want to read it or be a part of it, there are pleny of other topics on this site.  Freedom of speech is what I call it.  Tony said it best as always!   Smiley

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »

I don't think it is an issue....that's why I keep talking about it!! Grin

Mary in Michigan
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 01:57:11 pm »

This is a private matter and we as fans and friends should take a step back and let John and Elaine work things out.  I wish them the best.

Mike 
slm1206
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:17 pm »

Mary and Wildnight, I agree with you guys. Yes, a divorce is a private matter. But when people are in the public eye like John Mellencamp, you give up some of your private life for the fame and fortune you achieve. Success of any kind is not without it's pitfalls.

Personally for me, the break up of John and Elaine has been upsetting to me. I thought she was finally the one who had tamed his wild side, but apparently not. Yes, it is none of my business, but I still have an opinion. If John knew my life, he might have an opinion about me as well. John certainly has opinions on many topics in society. That is part of the reason I like him.

One more little jab....everyone who knows me, knows I have always disliked Meg Ryan. So my favorite rocker hooking up with her has been very hard to stomach. (Yes, none of my business, just opinion)
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2011, 01:29:33 am »

Yes this is a private matter. And yes people are allowed to have an opinion.

In the end though, none of us know the people involved here. What we read about them in the (gossip)media might not be anywhere near the truth for instance.

Anyway, John was seen repeatedly with Meg Ryan these past few weeks, even this weekend, so i guess we will have to get used to it.
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

slm106

Thanks for voicing your opinion....that's the whole point of this thread...to hear what other fans are feeling and thinking, to share our feelings and thoughts.....because who else is gonna listen, right?!!

Thanks again.

Mary in Michigan
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »

Mary,
    I've been trying to figure this out also. It is sad and a little hard to get used to I guess. I married my husband the year before John and Elaine got married so when John would forget how long he was married and jump it ahead, I would always laugh and so no, one year less than me. I guess that one is gone now.
    The main reason I am replying is that what you have experienced on this board is the very reason I stopped participating on clubcherrybomb and haven't really done a lot on here. No one wants to start world war III with a post and it shouldn't! I enjoy reading your messages, on the board and on the mailing list, so keep on plugging away!

Lisa
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: