John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:11:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: John and Elaine  (Read 83531 times)
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:23 am »

Referring back to the post that said John was a grumpy old man, first you have to realize that Elaine is much younger than John and maybe she should have thought about that before she married him.  With John just turning 59 and going on tour, I had the pleasure of seeing him in Kansas City and absolutely loved the show, he talked more to the audience like I had never seen him do much before. If you listen to the lyrics in "Clumsy Old World" you can tell that there are problems, and "dont forget about me", is one of my favorites.  So, I suggest you listen to the CD if you dont have it.  As far as his family goes, I think he was talking about his extended family as well, like a brother he mentions in a song that he hasnt seen in 6-7 years.  So before you go calling him a grumpy old man, there are 2 sides to the story.  John is a Libra, they are perfectionists, and if you think thats grumpy, then you need to focus your negative comments about him somewhere else.  No matter what happens, as I do not know John personally, I will always give him my support, hes the only artist I believe in and have for 30 years now.  

everyone is entitled to their opinion.  i'm fairly certain that most people who frequent this website have heard the latest cd, as well as all previous ones.  and hindsight is 20/20.   it's not our place to judge john, elaine, or anyone else.

whatever happened between john and elaine is between john and elaine.  as fans, sure we may feel somewhat attached to them, but no one knows what goes on behind closed doors except those who are behind them.  

we can choose to respect their decision, honor their privacy, not attack them or each other, and wish the best to all involved.  otherwise, we're no better than the tabloids.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:42:46 am by mellenheadinohio » Logged
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 11:32:38 am »

wonder what lyrics he'll put in when he sings "small town'.........

That was one of the first things I thought of after the surprise wore off!  lol...terrible, right?
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 11:51:07 am »

Referring back to the post that said John was a grumpy old man, first you have to realize that Elaine is much younger than John and maybe she should have thought about that before she married him.  With John just turning 59 and going on tour, I had the pleasure of seeing him in Kansas City and absolutely loved the show, he talked more to the audience like I had never seen him do much before. If you listen to the lyrics in "Clumsy Old World" you can tell that there are problems, and "dont forget about me", is one of my favorites.  So, I suggest you listen to the CD if you dont have it.  As far as his family goes, I think he was talking about his extended family as well, like a brother he mentions in a song that he hasnt seen in 6-7 years.  So before you go calling him a grumpy old man, there are 2 sides to the story.  John is a Libra, they are perfectionists, and if you think thats grumpy, then you need to focus your negative comments about him somewhere else.  No matter what happens, as I do not know John personally, I will always give him my support, hes the only artist I believe in and have for 30 years now.  

everyone is entitled to their opinion.  i'm fairly certain that most people who frequent this website have heard the latest cd, as well as all previous ones.  and hindsight is 20/20.   it's not our place to judge john, elaine, or anyone else.

whatever happened between john and elaine is between john and elaine.  as fans, sure we may feel somewhat attached to them, but no one knows what goes on behind closed doors except those who are behind them.  

we can choose to respect their decision, honor their privacy, not attack them or each other, and wish the best to all involved.  otherwise, we're no better than the tabloids.  

Right-  I think we can all speculate on what we think may have happened.  But none of us will ever know for sure.  We can all listen to the lyrics of the music and hear what we think may be a hint at what is going on in his life, but only John & those closest to him know what in the songs is reality and what is pure creative license.

What I hope is that we do all choose to respect their right to privacy and allow others here to feel comfortable in expressing their feelings & thoughts, being mindful that this is a site for FANS of John & were likely supportive of John & Elaine's marraige.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 01:02:47 pm »

Right-  I think we can all speculate on what we think may have happened.  But none of us will ever know for sure.  We can all listen to the lyrics of the music and hear what we think may be a hint at what is going on in his life, but only John & those closest to him know what in the songs is reality and what is pure creative license.

What I hope is that we do all choose to respect their right to privacy and allow others here to feel comfortable in expressing their feelings & thoughts, being mindful that this is a si
te for FANS of John & we're likely supportive of John & Elaine's marraige.

Very tastefully put; well done!  While this site is a great forum for discussions about John's life, all aspects of it, respect and decency should be expected and speculation is best left to the press.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 02:10:35 pm »

Hey guys I didn't mean to start anything, I just have an opinion and that is that John MAY have messed up.  I go to his shows and buy his music. I will continue to do this, hes the only artist that I enjoy investing money into.  Im sure that John is a good person but hes abrasive, I wont use the word grumpy anymore. Lastly I hope that this is'nt true but several reports today have stated that John and Meg Ryan are now a couple and she has been at several of his shows.  Im sorry guys its just that right now I am going to take Elaines side, I hope you can all appreciate that I can be a fan of John and his music despite this.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/223072/elaine-mellencamps-husband-john-mellencamp-hooks-up-with-meg-ryan-report.html
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »

Hey guys I didn't mean to start anything, I just have an opinion and that is that John MAY have messed up.  I go to his shows and buy his music. I will continue to do this, hes the only artist that I enjoy investing money into.  Im sure that John is a good person but hes abrasive, I wont use the word grumpy anymore. Lastly I hope that this is'nt true but several reports today have stated that John and Meg Ryan are now a couple and she has been at several of his shows.  Im sorry guys its just that right now I am going to take Elaines side, I hope you can all appreciate that I can be a fan of John and his music despite this.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/223072/elaine-mellencamps-husband-john-mellencamp-hooks-up-with-meg-ryan-report.html

i personally don't feel you started anything.  like i said earlier, everyone is entitled to their opinion.    i just hate to see people here judging other people for that opinion.   

i think it's just such a sensitive subject which saddened a lot of people.

adojamesjess
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »

wonder what lyrics he'll put in when he sings "small town'.........

That was one of the first things I thought of after the surprise wore off!  lol...terrible, right?
LOL....just trying to see the light side of it all...his life is his..we're just his fans....(and GOOD ones at that!!)
hoffman1611
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 09:22:45 pm »

Could someone please let me know how to post a new topic?Huh my question is has mellencamp ever performed Warmer Place To Sleep live? andwhat was his setlist durin the uh-huh tour?
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 01:40:02 am »

(...) Lastly I hope that this is'nt true but several reports today have stated that John and Meg Ryan are now a couple and she has been at several of his shows.  

Please keep in mind that those reports all come from one and the same gossipreport. The notorious PageSix, who often is very wrong with their stories. Even if they have been spending some time together, that does not mean they are 'involved' and it does not mean Meg Ryan somehow caused the breakup of their marriage. The two people inside the marriage are responsible for the marriage and we don't know what happened there and we also don't know when the real breakup happened.
Gossipsources will write whatever makes them the most money, regardless of the real story.

From what I heard, Meg and John have been friends for a while. As in f-r-i-e-n-d-s. But like you: I hope they are not a couple. Shocking as this may sound: I think Meg Ryan could do better than John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:43:36 am by Rhonda2 » Logged
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 08:32:23 am »

All I want to say is that I would hate to be a person in the public eye in these days of the internet, twitter, facebook, etc.
joefed
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:35 am »

She got tired of kissing a guy with nasty cigarette breath
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but John filed for a divorce last Friday. The same story mentioned that Elaine was in LA for a weekend and attended a Golden Globes party with some guy whose name just slipped my mind! It said they are only friends and that she and John had been separated for months. It's sad; that's all that can be said. I wish everyone involved well and hope things will work out for them. Especially Hud and Speck who I know has to be suffering through this with all the internet buzz and things. My parents divorced when I was 9. I couldn't imagine how it would be if the whole world knew about it!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 01:59:24 pm »

Last night for dinner I made my special secret ingredient  sauted scallop dish with brown rice and brussel sprouts (lightly seasoned and with a splash of olive oil). We also had a splendid mixed green salad. It was most enjoyable.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 08:16:38 pm »

Last night for dinner I made my special secret ingredient  sauted scallop dish with brown rice and brussel sprouts (lightly seasoned and with a splash of olive oil). We also had a splendid mixed green salad. It was most enjoyable.

Yummo, Rich, that sounds wonderful!  I ADORE sauted scallop!
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 01:27:41 pm »

It's posted on HumanWheels that Elaine is taking back her name...I guess to just Elaine Irwin.  I always thought that was a truly beautiful sounding name.....BUT......didn't she live with John long enough to know that from now on she will be referred to as Elaine Irwin, formerly Elaine Irwin Mellencamp, formerly Elaine Irwin??

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: