John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:18:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring 2011 Pre-Sale Questions & Problems  (Read 56368 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:20:34 am »

If your question is a general question about the tour please post it here and we will try to answer. If it has something that makes it show specific then please post it in the show's board in the No Better Than This Tour section of the message board.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dickhutton
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:43:39 pm »

Hello Tony, first things first, thanks for your continued hard work with Mellencamp.com. You make the experience what it is and I am eternally grateful.
Right, here goes. You will remember that my wife Mary and me have been to Seymour, Bloomington and Belmont several times on holiday and seen John loads of times in concert, (8 for Mary, 10 for me), including three times on the W & M tour in April 2005 when you helped us get tix (due to us not being able to access them via Club Cherry Bomb and Fanfire) and three in Feb 2008 in Canada (where we won the M & G). Both Mary and my birthdays are on the same day, the 15th February (I think you know what's coming next) and we are looking to come over from England, Europe to Washington and NY. I will need tix to both shows for the two of us. Can I please ask, what time they will be going on sale? This is not clear from the website as it mentions local time. Is this Eastern, Central, Indiana or what time as it will be a middle of the night job for us I think and I don't want to miss out. Secondly, I don't think I can buy tix to both the Washington and NY shows at the same time? Is this corect? or am I missing something? I am not after any favours but if I can't get the tix we won't be coming and I don't want that simply because the technology isn't up to the job like it wasn't in 05. Of course if their are any dual birthday presents these will be graciously accepted but it's not the reason I write.
To sign off, again, many thanks for your hard work, we really appreciate it and would love to be able to thank you one day
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:21:08 am »

i'm sure tony will respond in greater detail, but tickets go on sale at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time.  both NYC and DC go on sale at the same time.  you would have to buy one, then the next, unless you have someone else who can assist you with a second ticketmaster account.   

best of luck!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:06:39 am »

i'm sure tony will respond in greater detail, but tickets go on sale at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time.  both NYC and DC go on sale at the same time.  you would have to buy one, then the next, unless you have someone else who can assist you with a second ticketmaster account.   

best of luck!

Correct. If you visit the Mellencamp.com Tour page itself you will see that we have the presale and public sale times listed most exactly, including time zone (eastern time for all of these shows).

If you would try to purchase tickets from two different computers with two separate ticketmaster accounts (say in your and a spouses name) I think you would be able to do it.

If you are considering buying Premium Package Tickets those don't go as fast at the regular tickets, although I expect everything will go super fast in New York City. Won't be surprised if a second show happens there even during the pre-sale.

What I am suggesting is if you are buying tickets for both shows yourself would be to buy New York City regular and then as soon as you have them purchased to buy VIP in Washington DC.

However, I think your fellow fans here can offer more tips about how to buy tix to multiple shows as I am sure they have had to figure it out in the past.

dickhutton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:19:16 pm »

Noted, with thanks.
Fingers crossed, in EBay we trust....
Dick
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 06:35:32 pm »

do i also have to have a ticketmaster id?  Please let me know.  Tony, thanks for all you do for the fan club.
jvinitsk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 06:40:22 pm »

Hi Tony,

How are the Premium Package tickets distributed in terms of order?  If I order right when they go on sale, will I get better seats than if I ordered them somewhere in the future.

Thanks.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:07:46 pm »

Hi Tony,

How are the Premium Package tickets distributed in terms of order?  If I order right when they go on sale, will I get better seats than if I ordered them somewhere in the future.

Thanks.

Each ticket seller works a bit different but packages tickets should be placed into your shopping cart in the order of best available at the moment of request. Your best bet at the best tickets is at the very start of the presale.

Without fail there will be a few ticket buyers who buy the tickets they pull up only to find that other ticket buyers who pulled up better tickets didn't end up buying them and they return to the general pool for purchasing.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 08:11:17 pm »

do i also have to have a ticketmaster id?  Please let me know.  Tony, thanks for all you do for the fan club.

We recommend you pre-register with the ticket seller of your show so you have an account all set up. That is something you have to do and is not connected with your Mellencamp.com account in any way.

travalyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:17 pm »

Question about the Premium Seat Package... if we have 3 people wanting seats together, do we have to buy 3 Premium Packages, or can we buy 1 package, and 2 additional seats in the first 10 rows?  Or with the pre-sale, will we only get seats from row 10 and back?  We want front row, or at least closer than row 11 for sure. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:32:01 pm by travalyn » Logged
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 08:51:44 am »

Question about the Premium Seat Package... if we have 3 people wanting seats together, do we have to buy 3 Premium Packages, or can we buy 1 package, and 2 additional seats in the first 10 rows?  Or with the pre-sale, will we only get seats from row 10 and back?  We want front row, or at least closer than row 11 for sure. 

Yes you have to buy 3 Premium Packages if you want 3 seats together in the premium package area. We do not sell those seats without the merchandise bundle. Depending on the venue there will be seats in the front 10 rows sold outside of the premium packages if you want to try to go that route.

travalyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:03 pm »

Yes you have to buy 3 Premium Packages if you want 3 seats together in the premium package area. We do not sell those seats without the merchandise bundle. Depending on the venue there will be seats in the front 10 rows sold outside of the premium packages if you want to try to go that route.

Thanks for getting back to me.  We're in Vancouver, BC... will there be seats in the first 10 rows without the premium packages?  Or do we just have to wait until they go on sale (presale tomorrow)?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:32 am »

Thanks for getting back to me.  We're in Vancouver, BC... will there be seats in the first 10 rows without the premium packages?  Or do we just have to wait until they go on sale (presale tomorrow)?

I do not have access to show by show seat allotments to know which shows have tickets in the front 10 rows that are not part of the Premium Package. For the theaters with longer rows in the front 10 this is likely. For theaters that start with little tiny rows up front it's more unlikely.

kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:46 pm »

Tony, do you expect more US legs to be added in 2011 (maybe toward the end of the year).  I really want to go to the last show in the tour.  I just want to make sure I know which show that is!!  Should I be shopping the last posted show in Iowa?

Thanks a TON for all the work you do and all the effort you go to for us!
Kyra
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:18 am »

Tony, do you expect more US legs to be added in 2011 (maybe toward the end of the year).  I really want to go to the last show in the tour.  I just want to make sure I know which show that is!!  Should I be shopping the last posted show in Iowa?

Thanks a TON for all the work you do and all the effort you go to for us!
Kyra

I am not looking for it at this time. Best chances are some overseas touring after April if the tour continues.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: