John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 03:06:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: He's Back - 2014 will be huge  (Read 10130 times)
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:06 am »

http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/john-mellencamp-hard-at-work-on-new-album-eyes-massive-2014-tour-20131206
mellenhead95
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:25:37 pm »

Hope he comes to Dallas on the tour. I missed him on the No Better Than This Tour, so I'd like the chance to see him again. Last time I saw him was in 2005 with John Fogerty.
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:04:09 pm »

This sounds like great news. 85 new songs already written and more to come for the recording sessions? The excitement about the new album is rising.
Plus, a world tour to follow, what else can we hope for?
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:13:09 am »

The new album and tour is the news we've all been waiting for.  It's not surprising that John has written so many songs.  Music is his life.  It would be interesting to hear all the songs that he has written for the new record.  Regardless of whether it's a rock record or more laid back, he's going to make his fans happy.

Mike
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:47:00 pm »

This sounds like great news. 85 new songs already written and more to come for the recording sessions? The excitement about the new album is rising.
Plus, a world tour to follow, what else can we hope for?

If I'm not mistaken, once a tour is announced it will be a North American one - not worldwide.
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:52:17 am »

If I'm not mistaken, once a tour is announced it will be a North American one - not worldwide.

this is what I read in the article: "Once the album is done, Mellencamp plans to promote it with an extensive world tour. "I want to do one hundred shows in the United States and Canada," he says. "Then I'll deal with the rest of the world later."
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »

this is what I read in the article: "Once the album is done, Mellencamp plans to promote it with an extensive world tour. "I want to do one hundred shows in the United States and Canada," he says. "Then I'll deal with the rest of the world later."

Point taken, thanks for clarifying. When I read the US/Canada line I made the forgone conclusion the world would be a great leap away time wise....100 shows is quite the undertaking in the first place. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: