John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 06:16:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John to Open NASCAR Awards Banquet Dec. 6  (Read 5515 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »

Jay Mohr was the host for the Sprint Cup awards banquet when Jimmie Johnson won his first championship in 2006 and he will return for Johnson’s sixth title celebration as the actor and comedian will serve as the host of the 2013 Sprint Cup Series Awards.

The Dec. 6 event at the Wynn Las Vegas will recognize the top 10 finishers in the Cup standings. Jimmie and Chandra Johnson, Jay Mohr and actress Nikki Cox (AP Photo)

Rock star John Mellencamp will open the awards ceremony. Country star Dierks Bentley will perform during the night, as will singer and pianist Sara Bareilles.

Television coverage of the event will begin at 9 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 2, with re-airs scheduled for 1 a.m. Dec. 7 and noon Dec. 8 on Fox Sports 1. The event begins at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 6 and will be streamed live on NASCAR.com.

The final top 10 in points are: Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Clint Bowyer, Joey Logano, Greg Biffle and Kurt Busch.

Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards also made the Chase but did not finish in the top 10 and will not participate in the 2013 banquet.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2013-11-27/sprint-cup-awards-banquet-schedule-jay-mohr-host-john-mellencamp-dierks-benley-sara-bareilles
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

I listened on Sirius.  John did 2 songs- R.O.C.K. in the USA and Pink Houses.  It was a full band performance.  I couldn't turn it up too loud as one of my kids was asleep in the car.  I could've sworn I heard a female back up singer- either that or Mike Wanchic is singing a lot higher than he used too Smiley

kstucker
K-Stu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »

Listened to John and the band play two songs...awesome as always!!  Can't wait for him to start recording some new music and plan his next tour  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: