John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 09:04:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: meg's 50th party with john  (Read 32074 times)
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:15 pm »

Marilynb cares about John like the rest of us JM fans. Freedom of speech is always condemned by others especially in John's early career. He pissed many people off for what he felt about things. That what makes him so special, he is a awesome man. Time will tell and pictures don't lie. We can only wish everybody the best and leave it in God's hands. Enough said.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 12:34:45 pm »

Marilynb cares about John like the rest of us JM fans

LOL  Yet you two are the ones on this board insulting Meg Ryan for no reason.
You claim to be a fan but take shots at his girlfriend.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:38:22 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 01:19:19 pm »

mellenfan, rhonda and dusty if you really want to see some real downright nasty insults, i would suggest very strongly and go to the first post where rene posted the article about the birthday party and read the comments that some of the readers commented.

what really hurts the most is when i read people dont care about a celebrity except that they only care as long as they write songs and sing them. you know i have worked with these people. at a christian rock concert barry mcguire (who is famous back in the '60s for "eve of destruction") said one time, that the artists can write all these songs, put their heart and soul into it, and the people come to the concerts, they listen and get all pumped up but he said he wondered how many were really listening and how many were willing to carry the message after they left the concert becuz people are screaming for rights but nobody wants to be responsible.

with that in mind you 3 have to ask yourselfs if john is a human being or a human doin?

keep the faith / peace & love

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 01:46:06 pm »

Marilynb cares about John like the rest of us JM fans. Freedom of speech is always condemned by others especially in John's early career. He pissed many people off for what he felt about things. That what makes him so special, he is a awesome man. Time will tell and pictures don't lie. We can only wish everybody the best and leave it in God's hands. Enough said.
shiela you are so right time will tell and its in Gods hands the safest place it can be. and i dont think John would have any arguement there
until this pattern that john has been repeating over and over again with women in his life, he will keep getting what hes getting no lasting relationship or marriage and there wont be a woman who would be able to stand a chance with him. john deserves to be happy joyous and free but only he can be the one that says enuf is enuf, its funny reading the articles how he changed the lyrics in small town "married a couple of woman................" or however he wants to rephrase that piece its there to read and at the end of the sentence of the song he sings "or is it just me?" hmmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder if he has been reading my posts. yep john doesnt have to keep doing this anymore if he dont want to.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:27:10 pm by marilynb » Logged

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 01:48:21 pm »

Happy Belated Birthday Meg!  My 50th is two months away.  Each of us can count the blessing that we get to enjoy another day when another passes us by.  By the way, I would care about his personal life if I was a part of his! He certainly is a part of mine and I could not imagine my life without his SONG.  Whatever it may be at the time. I listened "John Mellencamp" Album from 1998 this morning and every song made me tear up. His influence for me to find a happy life can not be measured.  He follows his heart. Hearts can be fullfilled or broken at times, It's life.  I found happiness in 1998.  This album is "Ours"....  On Thanksgiving Day I personally thanked the Good Lord for John and his voice, this is one blessing that I will never take for granted......... The other is my Love and Happiness.  It was a thankful Thanksgiving in so many ways.  
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 02:49:11 pm »

thank you dusty that you see john as a human being not a human doin. thats what these people are. its a reality. and there is nothing wrong in reaching out. it takes courage cuz one can set oneself up for rejection or acception. and in johns case i think he knows that very well. but like barry mcguire said at the concert i was at years ago as i mentioned above thats where its at. carrying the message

heres a  clip you may find enjoyable (and in fact even you mellenfan and rhonda may like it.) it contains barry mcguire singing a special song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3C-ALx7ao

Gods peace be with all 3 of you

marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »

as i responded to shielas post, time will tell. and only john can put an end to this endless cycle of his repeating pattern of his relationship with women. until he does no woman will stand a chance to have a healthy one with him. and i believe that john can break this pattern but its been his survival all his life. its like the alcoholic who has drank all their life, they cant see their life without alcohol until a miracle breakthru comes from above. i know i was one of them. going on 29 yrs jan 1st. and like i said i lived the same pattern (and countless others who dealt with codependency) in relationships like john, and it was my survival for years until i finally realized the hurting stopped when i wanted it to. there is no comparison here, there are the similarities. am i repeating myself? of course, becuz i wont tell noone what they want to hear, as it would only be unfair. i would be only lying.

and rhonda too late i already put you on the prayer list and mellenfan you are too. Gods peace be with you.

and mellenfan if i was to be banned from this forum, it still wouldnt take away the things that people had read what i said. the posts may be erased, but people do have memories.

sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 11:54:48 pm »

Well said! Cheesy
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:25 am »

whoops, this posting got a bit feisty. if you read the story again, at the end it says that a photo of elaine and jay penske is in the dec. vogue. so as you refer to john as a guy who discards women, do know that penske is known to do the same. he's a uber playboy interested in getting into the fashion world, i.e. publishing. he's dated many a women his senior and collects famous names. so, it kind of goes both ways, right? penske, at 32, and extremely wealthy, is known to eventually -- eventually -- want to start a family. i don't expect a marriage here. but it's a good entry back into the world for the former mrs. mellencamp. anyone know how she met penske? was it when she drove the indy pace car? and might they have had mutual crushes while elaine was still married? never point a finger at just one person. it always takes too. coincidental that penske has a race team, etc.?
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 11:41:51 am »

you are so right rene. it takes 2 but i did make a post awhile back i guess people forgot. that when it comes to relationship split ups and divorces noone is right and noone is wrong.  also the article mentions penske and elaine were in the dec vanity fair. i researched it and it mentions it. did you also know that the bloomington herald has a special section for john. i dont know how i found it i had to do some navigation.
i dont expect everyone to get what i am saying reaching out to john. im not bashing john, just bringing up the attention of repetitive patterns and sharing that i was where he was at one time and i can relate to where he is at. but there is a better way and if i can do it and countless other codependents can come out of this type of pattern, so can john. its not a crime to care about another human being enuf to want to reach out to them. there is a difference between that and bashing them. as i have said i have worked with limelight people and its the norm to hop around. but john has a good heart and he doesnt have to be part of "that kind of norm"
its true that it looks like he may of moved on pyshically. but what about mentally and emotionally. and this is what i care about. he is a good song writer, carrys a strong message, but we have to remember, these celebrities are still human beings not human doins. i remember that barry mcguire said that and that has stuck with me when i heard him tell that. and this is what i care about john.
and yeah im alot like john. i am the same. i say whats on my mind and yes i do have a to tendency to piss people off. however i believe like john he doesnt roll over and play dead to nobody and neither do i

sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 01:54:52 pm »

well written Marilynb, People have the tendences to think the worst of poeple first, especially when they told the something they don't want to hear which is usually the truth.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: