John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 04:30:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend watching movie "Falling From Grace"  (Read 7743 times)
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:51:00 am »

I just got done watching Johns movie.  It was good.  And it taught many lifes lessons, not to be taken lightly that is.
I could relate to the movie so well.  Relationships for me?  Welp yep just like in the movie, they were messed up.  That is why I could relate to the characters in this movie.  I was married 9/11/74 and divorced 8/12/76.  I never did remarry since then.  Oh I had quite a few close calls to the alter, but thats how far I got.  The one that I was going to marry, well unfortunanetly he passed away back in December of 1995, so we didn't make it.  But we had 8 years together, and during our rough times our freindship was very loyal.  I had learned to that messing around with married men was not a good idea, I had to realize that I couldn't have what really didn't belong to me.  I was a good rebounder too and a rescuer I may add.  Lets just say I was a very good codependent.  I went to support groups and counseling (I am also 28 years clean and sober too) and the people gave me the definition of insanity "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."  I was told the hurting stopped when I wanted it to because no matter where I went I took myself with me.  But the bottom line was until it became my own idea then I would do something about it.  Also, I found out the hardest job I was ever going to have my life was called "change."  And there is no retirement.  After my boyfreind passed away I didn't date for 12 years.  In the last 6 years there were a couple of what I call trial and errors.  And well after seeing this movie and it bringing back a lot of flashbacks and lifes lessons I have learned, I figure this much, the mistakes that were made back then don't have to be repeated again if I don't want to.  Besides I'm 56 years old, to old, to tired, and just plain don't have the energy for that kind of nonsense anymore. But who knows maybe someday there may come a time, another one will cross my path.  Heck for my age I'm still pretty well preserved.  I can still turn the heads of the 30 year olds and the 40 yrs olds.  So it feels pretty doggone good.
And as far as jealousy goes,  ha I can remember the last trial and error I was with.  We were out walking with one of his grown sons.  His dad was 7 years older than me.  And his son caught him looking at other women and reprimanded his dad for that (which his dad had just turned 60 at the time) and he asked me why I didn't get mad or jealous.  And I simply said why as long as your dad can do that then I don't have to worry bout burying him yet.

John thanks for the movie and the flashbacks. By the way you are still well preserved for your age too.  And then when we get really old we will be rocking and rolling in our rocking chairs and smoking our ciggarettes.
By the way John my prayer partners and I are still praying for you.  We will continue to do so.  We don't give up very easily.  Faith in God is a powerful thing.  Remember that God has a phone number.  That phone number is "prayer."  God is available 24/7 and He is always there.  There are two things I will say is I absolutely hate religious bathroom politics and bible thumpers.  Not only that I am a recovering pentacostal too Grin

keep the faith / peace & love
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:42:15 pm by marilynb » Logged

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:43:32 pm »

Anybody know what the budget was on this film?
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »

It was an estimated $3 million

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

You can spot Toby Myers at the "Riding the Cage" scene...
marilynb
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 11:44:07 am »

yeah that cage ride was a kicker. that really took some imagination lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: