John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 12:55:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: heavy drum version of jack and diane  (Read 77977 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

The version of "Jack and Diane" you requested can be downloaded here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vaw0lo

Let me know what else you're looking for and I'll try to get it uploaded for you.
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 02:24:32 am »

Awesome, thanks Walktall.

Ideally I'm after any great soundboard recordings from 1999 onwards!
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »

Nobody has any great shows from the last ten years or so...? Shocked
jeffreyjack
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 10:44:55 pm »

Walktall,

Sorry to request "another" upload of these great versions of those tunes, but those previous links are all dead now (argggghh!).  Much appreciated!
ericaoster
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 03:00:12 pm »

I am looking for the same version....100.7 Bostons Classic Rock may have what you are looking ....I believe it was from 2001 from what the music director told me....go to their website and make a request....I am planning to have them play it monday at 10 am for my dad who is in end stage prostrate cancer and really only has a matter of days left...
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 12:29:30 am »

Here you go, you can download this 2001 version of "Jack and Diane" at the following link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u5hsne

Just click the link that says, "click here to start download from Sendspace."
drjshow

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 04:56:39 pm »

There was a version of J&D that I heard a number of years ago...it's not this heavy drum version...I don't even know where it came from.  It was acoustic.  Highly up-tempo with an accordion.  Very jamming version.  It almost sounded like the song had been re-worked in a "Lonesome Jubilee" sort of sound, if that makes sense.

Anyone know that one?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 08:51:56 am »

There was a version of J&D that I heard a number of years ago...it's not this heavy drum version...I don't even know where it came from.  It was acoustic.  Highly up-tempo with an accordion.  Very jamming version.  It almost sounded like the song had been re-worked in a "Lonesome Jubilee" sort of sound, if that makes sense.

Anyone know that one?

See if it is this version that starts about the 6 min mark of this player. We just got notified about this special from the show producer.

http://www.inthestudio.net/redbeards-blog/john-mellencamp-lonesome-jubilee-25th-anniversary/

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:08 am »

Thanks Tony
drjshow

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »

Yep Tony.  That's it.  And I agree.   As great as that song is to me...I LOVE this reworking.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 08:05:22 am »

Yep Tony.  That's it.  And I agree.   As great as that song is to me...I LOVE this reworking.

That is from 1992. There are several HQ live versions of that floating around out there, some with audience and at least this one without. Perhaps someone here can provide you an mp3 of it.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Robinood

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 04:50:54 pm »

I missed the chance on the last upload - don't suppose you could get it up there again?
I've been looking for this forever! Cheesy
nickiek3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 06:22:33 pm »

Any chance of re-posting a link for this version - i had it on my old mp3 player and well like any technology some stuff just doesn't last - i heard it on the radio up here the other day and i remembered how much i like this take when i saw john at mohegun sun a few years ago - thanks   Smiley
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »

Here you go, you can download this 2001 version of "Jack and Diane" at the following link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjmh6o

Just click the link that says, "click here to start download from Sendspace."
Susanne

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2014, 07:39:28 pm »

I'm looking for this version for my upcoming wedding.  Love it!  Any chance someone could provide it again?  It seems to expire quickly.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: