John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 12:12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: heavy drum version of jack and diane  (Read 77130 times)
joelikeshismusic
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »

Can someone please send me the mp3 file for the heavy drum version of the Jack and Diane song?? send to [email protected]
thank you
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:22 am »

I think you are thinking of "Authority Song," not "Jack and Diane." He played a drum-heavy version of "Authority Song" in the spring of 2006. Check it out at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtiT0puHpQ
joelikeshismusic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:01 am »

I think you are thinking of "Authority Song," not "Jack and Diane." He played a drum-heavy version of "Authority Song" in the spring of 2006. Check it out at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtiT0puHpQ
I did check it out and that is not the version. thanks
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:35 am »

I don't recall a heavy-drum version of "Jack and Diane." Can you be more specific as to what year/tour it was performed that way or exactly where you heard it?
joelikeshismusic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:44:50 am »

I don't recall a heavy-drum version of "Jack and Diane." Can you be more specific as to what year/tour it was performed that way or exactly where you heard it?
I heard the song in worcester,Ma at his concert I think it was in 2004
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 12:12:50 pm »

The only shows he performed in '04 were the Vote for Change shows, and Worcester wasn't a part of that tour. I'll be glad to help, but I need to know what tour you are remembering.
joelikeshismusic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:40:13 pm »

The only shows he performed in '04 were the Vote for Change shows, and Worcester wasn't a part of that tour. I'll be glad to help, but I need to know what tour you are remembering.
it could be right after 9/11 0f 2001 maybe, I do Know that WZLX radio station plays it once an awhile, there out of Boston
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:34 pm »

Ah, the Cuttin' Heads tour version. I have that. I'll upload it tonight for you.
joelikeshismusic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:24 pm »

Ah, the Cuttin' Heads tour version. I have that. I'll upload it tonight for you.
thats great thank you thank you thank you
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 05:53:49 pm »

Here you go, man. Enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/odtwiy
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:50 am »

This request comes in from certain radio markets that play the 2001 Cuttin Heads version of Jack & Diane that had what I call a Bo Diddley drum pattern to it.

John did a satellite radio interview tour from NYC where they played that version for numerous radio stations. The sound on that soundstage was really exceptional and many radio stations have continued to play that version on the radio.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Miraun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:41:02 am »

Hey, sorry to bump a kinda old thread, but I've been looking for this song as well, and the hyperlink is no longer active...  Can anyone point me to where I can purchase or download it?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:45 am »

I'll re-upload it tonight for you. No worries.
fasttarga

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 04:41:43 pm »

Was this re uploaded? I clicked on the original link from April 13th and it comes up as not available. I like this version of the song as well - heard it for the 1st time at the Today Show taping on the Friday right before the 9\11 attacks in '01. It was really LOUD in the plaza and it sounded great live.

Thanks Pete
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »

It won't be at that same link. I gotta dig it out (I've got a ton of CDs to wade through). I promise I will post it this weekend. Check this thread for the new link tomorrow or Saturday. Sorry for the delay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: