John Mellencamp Community
April 15, 2024, 11:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Set Lists 3rd Leg No Better Than This Tour  (Read 8373 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:57 am »

So far this is the set list for the first 3 shows. We will keep track of any changes.

Grand Prairie TX -Verizon Theater
Austin TX  Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theatre
Houston TX Jones Hall for the Performing Arts

Authority Song
No One Cares About Me
Deep Blue Heart
Death Letter
Walk Tall
The West End
Check It Out
Save Some Time To Dream
Cherry Bomb
Dont Need This Body
Right Behind Me
Jackie Brown
Longest Days
Jack and Diane
Small Town
New Hymn
Rain On The Scarecrow
Paper In Fire
The Real Life
What If I Came Knocking
If I Die Sudden
No Better Than This
Pink Houses
Rock In The USA
fishbrooke
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:58:13 pm »

6 of us made from Indianapolis, Dallas and Houston to the show on Saturday.  A great time and very nice show.  The new ACL Moody Theatre is almost perfecto, one of the very best venues I've ever attended.  We would go back in a hearbeat and to have the backdrop of Austin - Ain't That America. Smiley
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »

I think that should be "John Cockers" and not "Deep Blue Heart."
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:55 pm »

I and many die hard fans are going to miss Easter Eve.  It's just a great song for all of us.
He didn't do John Cockers on the 1st leg like he did on the 2nd leg.  Sure wish he didn't knock it off the list.  This song is sung with so much conviction by him.  I am going to be attending the Ames concert.  Also, Deep Blue Heart, needs a woman backup singer otherwise it's just not the same......At least he is continuing performing....Right Behind Me.  That is so entertaining.  It makes you smile from start to finish.  That song is so true.
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:52 am »

Easter Eve was just amazing live.  I loved the way he would step back during the instrumental breaks and let the band shine.  It also really showcased his storytelling.  Such a loss taking that song out.

I was never that crazy about John Cockers, but I loved it live, even more so than Deep Blue Heart.  I'm so glad that I saw the Philly show, perfect in every way and the storytelling was outstanding! He really hammed it up during Right Behind Me.  I haven't seen any videos that show how entertaining that song really is live.

Dar
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: