John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:45:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera Policy  (Read 10458 times)
geislesa
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:14:03 am »

Are small point and shoot cameras allowed at the shows, or is it according to venue? I would hope to think they are all becoming more lax with all the fancy phones out there today.

Thank You!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:02:17 am »

Are small point and shoot cameras allowed at the shows, or is it according to venue? I would hope to think they are all becoming more lax with all the fancy phones out there today.

Thank You!

It always starts with venue policy, because no matter what we say what the building managers tell their security people the night of show is what happens.

However in the past few tours John and his staff has loosened up allowing non professional cameras to be used at shows. However use them sparingly, don't take hundreds of pictures, it can be very annoying to John & band, especially if you are up close. Also don't use flash, it doesn't improve the picture in a concert situation and just proves to be a distraction.

Again this is for NON professional cameras (aka small/portable or cell phones). Cameras with big zoom lenses or detachable lenses are going to probably draw attention and might end up with security coming over to you.

Now I DO NOT know what our policy will be on the fall tour. It is best to ask me about a week before the first show. Things could be different in theaters this time compared to arenas or outdoor amphitheaters.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »

I would also like to add to Tony's response and say that constantly holding up a camera/ cell phone camera and snapping picture after picture is also rude and annoying to the people around you.  A few here and there are fine, but people have paid good money to see the show and should not have their view blocked by cameras.  I have been at a few shows over the last few years and these issues are becoming a real issue at shows.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »

I went to a few Mark Knopfler shows a few months back and just before the show started  an announcement was made concerning the cameras and what a nuisance they are to the band and others. It's really nice not to be annoyed. If you want a really good picture down load it from the web.
I'm guilty of the same offense, but I no longer do it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:15:42 pm by richm752 » Logged

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
geislesa
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:51:06 pm »

OK, Tony, we're into the tour now, what's the verdict? I saw that someone had trouble at IU and was upset because they couldn't get their camera in and everyone around them had 'em.

Thanks....from the tour reviews so far it sounds like I'm in for a real treat.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 11:55:38 am »

OK, Tony, we're into the tour now, what's the verdict? I saw that someone had trouble at IU and was upset because they couldn't get their camera in and everyone around them had 'em.

Thanks....from the tour reviews so far it sounds like I'm in for a real treat.

Other than a few complaints the first night I think cameras (non professional) have been let in and things have been OK. There have been probably too many flashes for John's preference (really they don't help if you are over 20 feet away) but I haven't heard from a single person who had camera issues after the first show.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: