John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:24:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stage Background Question?  (Read 7287 times)
Tockit
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:06:20 pm »

I went to the Durham, NC concert and really liked the painted portrait of a town that John used as his stage back drop.  I thought it was a pretty cool picture.

Since it's common knowledge that John's dabbled in painting in the past (maybe still does?), I was wondering if he had any involvement in creating his stage back drop, or if not, how that particular back drop was chosen?

Thanks!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

Watch this video, it will answer all your questions.

http://vimeo.com/16753335
Tockit
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:26:22 pm »

Thanks!
bjmjpl
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:02:36 pm »

very cool!
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:02 am »

interesting interview, I hope the european shows will be the same style and quality. I never was that interested in the lighting of a show, always focussed on the music, but after listening to Steve Cohen I will concentrate on what he said, and hopefully he will bring his lights and creativity to europe!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: