John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 06:10:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Review  (Read 7269 times)
snipehunter
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

I knew what I was getting into this time.  If you read my review from Richmond, you will know I was a little leery about the theater format.  This time I Knew EVERYTHING was going to be GREAT.  The hardest part of this night was knowing that I didn't have any more shows to go to.

John's voice sounds incredible and he really seems to be into this show.  There are so many highlights, that you can't give a review justice without giving the entire night away.  Nearly half of the songs are hits from before 2000, so many casual fans will still have a good time.  Everyone will go home wishing that he had played (insert song title), it's a fact.  You can not have a 30 year career, putting out new material every 2-3 years, sometimes faster, and play everything.  That's one of the benefits of being a fan from the start.  Early on you get to hear everything.  Later on, you don't care if he plays "X", because you've already heard that one live and it's time to move onto something new.  To be honest, I sort of blanked out during "Small Town", a previously looked forward to song, I have heard it in every concert that I've gone to.  I'd like to hear something a little different, which is why I like it when he plays his new songs and changes up little ditties from the past.  I was amazed how far into "Jack and Diane" they had to play before people knew, or for that matter, cared what was being played.  He actually had to get to "Diane" before they caught on, and then of course they decided to stand.  CONCERTS ARE MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED ON YOUR FEET PEOPLE! 

Take my advice - GO, you will be transformed into a teenager again if you let yourself go.  For a few hours you get to relive being young, if you do it right, it will last quite a bit longer.  No amount of botox will do the same for your soul. 

But...Take John's advice, and use his gift of the download.  Don't be caught on your tush, not knowing the songs he's playing.  They really are his best work.  I will forever love "Jack and Diane", my first house was a "little pink house", but, I think I may take a stroll on "Easter Eve" every now and again. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: