John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:53:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryman  (Read 57102 times)
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:56:51 am »

I have tried for an hour to get tickets to the Ryman...........NO LUCK.
I am VERY disappointed! Cry
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:58:42 am »

At minute 43 I scored a row A balcony seat.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:21 am »

And Rich, I only live an hour away!!!!!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:57 am »

You are getting no seats at all?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B004509DABB6535?artistid=770615&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Password americanfool

Just pulled Premium Package row 2 and

Section
Row
Seats
Description BAL-11
E
6 - 3
Price Level 1
BALCONY-SECOND LEVEL ROWS A-P
RIGHT OF CENTER
FULL
TypeMellencamp.com Presale
PriceUS $111.70 x 4
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*US $446.80

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:55 am »

And I know for a fact some of the words I'm forced to spell are not in the dictionary.

sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:08:59 am »

You are getting no seats at all?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B004509DABB6535?artistid=770615&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Password americanfool

Just pulled Premium Package row 2 and

Section
Row
Seats
Description BAL-11
E
6 - 3
Price Level 1
RIGHT OF CENTER
FULL
TypeMellencamp.com Presale
PriceUS $111.70 x 4
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*US $446.80

I am pulling seats too:

Section
Row
Seats
Description
BAL-11
D
2 - 1
Price Level 1
RIGHT OF CENTER
FULL

Section
Row
Seats
Description
MF-3
D
2 - 1
Price Level 1
FLOOR-FIRST LEVEL ROWS AA-BB THEN A-Z
CENTER OF HALL
FULL
Type
John Mellencamp Premium Ticket Package
Ticket Price
US $222.00 x 2

Keep trying!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 11:12:34 am »

And I know for a fact some of the words I'm forced to spell are not in the dictionary.

Interesting sidebar about that. Some of those captcha (that's that they are called) is actually using humans to decode words that digital scanners can't identify. Often when you have two words one is one they know is correct and one is one they are trying to decode. So they are using people using those as a way to ID words that text reader scanners can figure out. They probably show them to thousands of people and when X% all say the same they figure that is what the word is!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:18:58 am »

OK got 2 in the balcony....SEC 11 Row D
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:30 pm »

When the tour dates/venues were announced, I immediately knew I wanted to be at this show.  The history of the Ryman speaks for itself, and seeing JM there....wow!  I passed on most shows that were at least half the distance just to go to this one.

Luckily, after several attempts at tickets, I pulled up some that I think will do just fine!

I really can't wait for this show.  I think we're in for a treat!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:37 pm »

Ditto on the history of the Ryman. I've had dreams about the place and I've never been there.
I have no plans to go to Nashville the 3rd of November, but you never know,you just never know. So I bought what I believe to be a great seat in the balcony, Row A, just in case. After all, it's the Ryman.

mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 09:26:17 pm »

Ditto on the history of the Ryman. I've had dreams about the place and I've never been there.
I have no plans to go to Nashville the 3rd of November, but you never know,you just never know. So I bought what I believe to be a great seat in the balcony, Row A, just in case. After all, it's the Ryman.

it's a cool place Rich.  i was there a couple of years ago.  didn't see a show or anything, but did take a 'tour'.  my blood is rich in country music, and after all the years of hearing and seeing my parents listen to, talk about, and watching all the stars of the Grand Ole Opry, it was a treat.  to me, it was one of those 'think of all the people who have been here' kinda moments.  we got to see the dressing rooms, backstage, and you could stand in 'the circle' and have your picture taken. 

and while you're in Nashville (wink wink), the Country Music Hall of Fame is well worth the time and money if you have any interest in, or knowledge of, that genre.  it starts 'way back in the day' and progresses through modern day.  i really enjoyed it.

see ya in Nashville!  (it's early enough to get decent airfare, lol)
janes6289
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »

When the tour dates/venues were announced, I immediately knew I wanted to be at this show.  The history of the Ryman speaks for itself, and seeing JM there....wow!  I passed on most shows that were at least half the distance just to go to this one.

Luckily, after several attempts at tickets, I pulled up some that I think will do just fine!

I really can't wait for this show.  I think we're in for a treat!

I had the exact same thought Paula!  This is the show I am looking forward to the most. I cannot - let me repeat - I cannot wait for this show at the historic Ryman auditorium!  COCO!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 10:58:24 pm »

it's a cool place Rich.  i was there a couple of years ago.  didn't see a show or anything, but did take a 'tour'.  my blood is rich in country music, and after all the years of hearing and seeing my parents listen to, talk about, and watching all the stars of the Grand Ole Opry, it was a treat.  to me, it was one of those 'think of all the people who have been here' kinda moments.  we got to see the dressing rooms, backstage, and you could stand in 'the circle' and have your picture taken. 

and while you're in Nashville (wink wink), the Country Music Hall of Fame is well worth the time and money if you have any interest in, or knowledge of, that genre.  it starts 'way back in the day' and progresses through modern day.  i really enjoyed it.

Paula, My FAVORITE of all time country star was fired from the Oprey and I'm by no means an expert but I am  aware of the history of the Ryman. The tour is a definite must for a Californian who's has never been to Nashville. But I have been to Disneyland three times in my life.

richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »

And from what I've read, viewed on film and heard from others it's all about sound in the Ryman.
All those nice up front seats are a novelty compared to the sound the rest of the common folk will experience. I'm telling you, I've had dreams about the place.
If I come I'm bringing milk duds for sure.

mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 11:11:15 pm »

Paula, My FAVORITE of all time country star was fired from the Oprey and I'm by no means an expert but I am  aware of the history of the Ryman. The tour is a definite must for a Californian who's has never been to Nashville. But I have been to Disneyland three times in my life.

well, ya got me beat there, lol.

i think you'd like Nashville.  all the honky tonks and other places with deep roots in country music (Tootsie's, Bluebird Cafe, etc.), a lot of singer/songwriter type bars, and much more.  always something going on somewhere. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: