John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 04:00:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Issues with Ticketmaster  (Read 17945 times)
LindaSue497
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:15:21 am »

Anybody else find it impossible to get tickets this morning?  I've had bad luck in the past (flew to Vegas once, requested the wrong date for tickets (which you never see until Will Call), bought air and hotel around that date (that I requested, in writing, even though it was incorrect), showed up at Hard Rock - THE NIGHT AFTER THE SHOW - YUP, it was luvly) but this was more frustrating, because I checked and rehearsed, knowing my bad luck.  I had two Pit VIP seats ready and didn't know my Ticketmaster Password (a warning that would have been good, since they don't have a foolproof plan if you hapen to be one of the unlucky ones who doesn't receive it and lose your seats).  As the clock ticked (it only gave me 2 minutes my FIRST try - noticed that time allotment subsequently increased in my later attempts - oh, and you didn't need a password for the VIP tickets, but you did for the regular - ?), I requested my temporary password, which never came.  I tried to request a new one and it told me I could not, because I had already requested one in the last 24 hours.  I tried to set up a new account, but I could not, because I already had one at my email address.  (At this point, I'm on my third set of seats, about 10th row instead of front). Just checked my spam folder.  No temporary password.  Tried calling, sat on hold, finally used automated, which told me the tickets weren't on sale yet.  :-0  OMG  I have none.  I waited for John to come to this venue for 25 years.  You would think Ticketmaster would have this figured out by now.  If they can't, why do the artists use them?  Ugh.  And no, venting has not made me feel better.  I think Ticketmaster should take of this.  What do you think my chances are of that?!  
smileycan
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:36:25 am »

MINNEAPOLIS
the password for Monday show is not working.....any reasons?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:46 am »

MINNEAPOLIS
the password for Monday show is not working.....any reasons?

dancenaked is the password and I just pulled up seating using it. Make sure you are not trying to buy Premium Package while using the password, no password is needed for premium.

Section
Row
Seats
Description MF 1
D
15 - 18
Price Level 1
Reserved main floor seating
Left section
Rows 1-H of main floor
## Highest number seat is near outside aisle ##
TypeMellencamp.com Presale
Ticket PriceUS $121.50 x 4
Facility ChargeUS $3.50 x 4
Convenience ChargeUS $14.40 x 4
Additional TaxesUS $1.13 x 4
SUBTOTALUS $562.12

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:42:48 pm »

Anybody else find it impossible to get tickets this morning?  I've had bad luck in the past (flew to Vegas once, requested the wrong date for tickets (which you never see until Will Call), bought air and hotel around that date (that I requested, in writing, even though it was incorrect), showed up at Hard Rock - THE NIGHT AFTER THE SHOW - YUP, it was luvly) but this was more frustrating, because I checked and rehearsed, knowing my bad luck.  I had two Pit VIP seats ready and didn't know my Ticketmaster Password (a warning that would have been good, since they don't have a foolproof plan if you hapen to be one of the unlucky ones who doesn't receive it and lose your seats).  As the clock ticked (it only gave me 2 minutes my FIRST try - noticed that time allotment subsequently increased in my later attempts - oh, and you didn't need a password for the VIP tickets, but you did for the regular - ?), I requested my temporary password, which never came.  I tried to request a new one and it told me I could not, because I had already requested one in the last 24 hours.  I tried to set up a new account, but I could not, because I already had one at my email address.  (At this point, I'm on my third set of seats, about 10th row instead of front). Just checked my spam folder.  No temporary password.  Tried calling, sat on hold, finally used automated, which told me the tickets weren't on sale yet.  :-0  OMG  I have none.  I waited for John to come to this venue for 25 years.  You would think Ticketmaster would have this figured out by now.  If they can't, why do the artists use them?  Ugh.  And no, venting has not made me feel better.  I think Ticketmaster should take of this.  What do you think my chances are of that?!  

Good luck with that.  That is exactly why I checked Ticketmaster last night to make sure all my info\was correct & that I had my password and all that good stuff.  I didn't want to be caught off guard this am!!

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:00:48 pm »

oh my

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:39:23 pm »

I appreciate all that Tony, John,  and John's people do to take care of us fans, but I have grown SO tired of ticketmaster's games when I try to land seats close to the stage. I made sure to be on high speed internet today for the presale, and was logged in with the password ready. My wife was waiting the  same way on a friend's computer too. I ordered 1 show and she ordered another show exactly when they went on sale. We ended up with 14th row and 11th row. Not bad seats but not what I was hoping for since I won't see anything as soon as everyone stands up because of my short height. My problem with ticketmaster is that an hour later after spending a LOT of money on these two shows, I checked the tickets again for both shows only to find that I could be sitting 5 rows closer each night than what I had already bought. When I wait  so long for the chance to see John and the band in concert, this kind of stuff takes away my excitement and leaves me feeling only disappointed.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58:03 am »

I appreciate all that Tony, John,  and John's people do to take care of us fans, but I have grown SO tired of ticketmaster's games when I try to land seats close to the stage. I made sure to be on high speed internet today for the presale, and was logged in with the password ready. My wife was waiting the  same way on a friend's computer too. I ordered 1 show and she ordered another show exactly when they went on sale. We ended up with 14th row and 11th row. Not bad seats but not what I was hoping for since I won't see anything as soon as everyone stands up because of my short height. My problem with ticketmaster is that an hour later after spending a LOT of money on these two shows, I checked the tickets again for both shows only to find that I could be sitting 5 rows closer each night than what I had already bought. When I wait  so long for the chance to see John and the band in concert, this kind of stuff takes away my excitement and leaves me feeling only disappointed.

So the issue you described above is not a Ticketmaster issue, it's the issue with all online ticket sellers.

Here is what happens.

Lets say we have a show with 3000 tickets and at the moment of on sale there are 500 people/computers/browsers/shopping carts requesting tickets

If all of those request 4 tickets that means you have requested 2000 of the 3000 available tickets (remember not all tickets are available, some are held for the public onsale, other presales, for the band/promotion etc).

That means SOME of those tickets requested, even in the first seconds are not that great.

People then have a few minutes to decide if they want to buy them or not. So often most of the requested tickets sit in online shopping carts while people decide, try to check out etc.

What inevitably happens is a surprising percentage of those tickets requested are NOT purchased and then return to the system.

Remember lots of buyers have multiple windows/browsers/computers pulling up tickets, so one person who wants 4 tickets could be requesting 4 multiple times at the start of the presale to get the ones they want.

This means slowly but surely quality tickets go unpurchased and return to the purchase system between 5 to 20 minutes after the on sale starts.

It stinks and is super frustrating to the customer but you can't make people buy the tickets they request if you want to give them the option of seeing/approving their seat locations.

The way around is this how some ticket sites and artists presales sites work (Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam) simply sell the tickets in order of request and assign them by that (or some other way like seniority) HOWEVER people don't find out their seat locations until they are mailed to them.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
kdcranfill21
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 01:05:52 am »

I have tried to get tickets to the Nashville show through Ticketmaster for a couple of days and for some reason, nothing is showing up.  It's not saying that the show is sold out, but rather not giving any seating/ticket options.

Kim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: