John Mellencamp Community
April 16, 2024, 02:50:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statue of Mary  (Read 12342 times)
jules77
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:44:31 pm »

I noticed a statue of Mary behind Mellencamp on stage at the Pittsburgh show and when he performed on Letterman earlier this week.  I am thinking it may be a keepsake that was given to him on his travels to the historical locations while recording the new album.  Does anyone know the story behind it? 
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »

It's actually a statue of Jesus and on the pedestal it says "Saves". As in Jesus Saves...it was there in South Bend and both Chicago shows.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:00:41 pm by taz7676 » Logged

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:37:25 pm »

There was mention of this on the human wheels site....someone said it's a bank!  and he sells them.

I"ve been trying to find out the story behind this for awhile now.

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
Mary in Michigan
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 10:41:15 pm »

Isn't this in the documentary?  I'm sure I've heard this somewhere but, it is a bank, but I don't think he sells them!  He has had it the entire tour, and apparently for the Dylan tour as well.  I'm not sure about summer 09.
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:08:05 am »

I didn't mean that JOHN sold them....the guy who responded on HW sells them.  Sorry for the misunderstanding!

"-some days I still don't know what to do-"
Mary in Michigan
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:32 pm »

I didn't mean that JOHN sold them....the guy who responded on HW sells them.  Sorry for the misunderstanding!

"-some days I still don't know what to do-"
Mary in Michigan

LOLOLOL!!!  I wondered!  I was pretty sure you couldn't have meant John was selling them!  OMG, I am still laughing! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: