John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 10:51:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sat. Nov. 27 Chicago show  (Read 9355 times)
smalltowngirl
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:28:16 pm »

This was my twenty-something concert but the first one I attended solo.  Couldn't pass up the great seat!  Even though he was sick, John was excellent as always!  I LOVE the a cappella performance of Cherry Bomb.  Dave/David who was also on his own was great company and I enjoyed exchanging Mellencamp stories.  Being a "groupie" paid off after the concert--John autographed my ticket!  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:15:26 pm by smalltowngirl » Logged
vikki631

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »

How were you able to get an autograph?
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:49 am »

I am bettin' someone was hangin' by the airstream???  Wink    That is awesome that you were able to get the autograph and get up close.
smalltowngirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:58:08 pm »

Yes, I was by his trailer Smiley There were quite a few people waiting.  I was surprised he came out so soon before the crown dwindled--and also that he took the time since he wasn't feeling well.   
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:06:41 pm »

Like you said, paid off to be a 'groupie', LOL! And ya know, I was always fearful about meeting John and everytime that I have had the opportunity, he has been nothing but kind to me, even not feeling well, he is AWESOME!!!!   Smiley
bju

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

John seamed to be in good health on Letterman yesterday.

Hopefully he'll stay that way for the rest of the tour (particularly Vancouver where I will see him).

I guess it boils down to what we do with our lives, how we deal with our own destiny - JM 87
smalltowngirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:17:02 pm »

Yeah, I caught him on Letterman too.  He's taking some time off for the holidays so hopefully he will be ready to go again for your show.  I was up in Windsor in July for his concert.  That was the first time I went international (only 6 hrs.) to see him! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: