John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 12:12:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Better Than This Tour Kick Off Dress Rehearsal  (Read 14812 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:41:55 pm »

John decided to run through the entire set list for a small audience of friends and family the night before the opening night kick off of the No Better Than This Tour at the IU Auditorium in Bloomington, IN.

The entire band including John were dressed down in their street clothes. Relaxed and really working hard to get their performance for the upcoming show opener 100%.  John, the band, the lighting director, the stage manager, the production manager, and the sound engineer all worked together tweaking here and there what worked, what didn't work  and finally coming to a point of satisfaction at the end of the night.

During the rehearsal I guess John figured his family didn't want to hear what he was going to talk about on this tour so instead of talking to the audience John would just say "blah, blah,blah" where he was going to talk to the audience shows on tour it was pretty comical.

Be sure to check out "Cherry Bomb" you can hear the echo in the room. John voice was in top form on this one.

Check out some of the videos and photos from the evening.

Pink Houses

If I Die Sudden

No Better Than This

Easter Eve

Cherry Bomb
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:15:49 pm »

Cherry Bomb sounds fantastic!  However, I am having trouble with the other videos, either they keep pausing every 3 or 4 seconds, or they give me an error has occurred, try later message.  Just wanted to let you know.

Dar
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:34:38 pm »

Thanks Dar I will try and re upload them. Anyone else having trouble?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:25:04 pm »

Cherry Bomb sounds fantastic!  However, I am having trouble with the other videos, either they keep pausing every 3 or 4 seconds, or they give me an error has occurred, try later message.  Just wanted to let you know.

Dar

That sounds like connection issue with your internet, hit play on the videos, and then pause, and let the red bar fill up over half way and then unpause it and it should work better.

Thanks
Tony

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »

These are great!  I always enjoy seeing the "behind the scenes" clips and rehearsal that goes on around the main event.  I was having some trouble with pauses also, but Tony's solution addressed it. 

-Marianne
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:56:09 pm »

Thanks so much for posting this!  John's voice was awesome on
Cherry Bomb~February can not come quick enough for this NY'er!
Everyone enjoy the show!
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:54 am »

Fantastic.  Thanks so much for giving those of us who can't make it to a show just yet how wonderful these shows are.  If it wasn't for Qantas having so much trouble lately with their long haul planes, I'd be very tempted to head over and catch one of these shows!   Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 11:02:01 am »

There is a void in my heart that I can't seem to fix since Thinking about you was taken off the set list.
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 02:23:59 pm »

I agree.  I think that is such a sweet, charming song and I regret that I won't probably get to hear it performed live in Pittsburgh.

Dar
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 10:25:07 am »

Anyone...& Everyone.... We want this lifes' melody back on the set list.  They have time, he is here in MN next week, please?  He sings it like he lived it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: