John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:53:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp Supports Mike Bloomberg For President  (Read 14875 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:07:18 pm »

Today, Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter and co-founder of Farm Aid, John Mellencamp is announcing his support for Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg in a new TV ad, praising his pragmatic approach to rebuilding America by revitalizing small towns and rural communities.

“The stakes are too high to not nominate the candidate who will take the fight directly to Trump,” said John Mellencamp. “From small towns to big cities, Mike Bloomberg has the experience to represent all Americans. He’s a job creator, philanthropist and true public servant, and I am confident that as president, he will restore America to a place we can be proud of once again.”

"John Mellencamp is one of the great voices of the American heartland -- and the American experience that binds us together,” said Mike Bloomberg. “His words and music have inspired generations, and his activism -- from co-founding Farm Aid to fighting hunger and homelessness among veterans -- represents America at its best. We had the opportunity to get to know one another through the film, 'From the Ashes.' He contributed a powerful song to the soundtrack, and the film raised awareness about the tragic toll that coal mining takes on local communities. He's an American treasure, and I couldn't be more honored to accept his support."

TThe ad featuring Mellencamp is entitled “Small Town” will run across digital channels and in relevant broadcast programming across 23 states beginning Wednesday, February 5th.

Born in Seymour, Mellencamp has lived in Indiana his entire life and been a champion for small-town values. He is an American singer-songwriter known for “Our Country,” “Pink Houses,” and the chart-topping “Small Town,” which was released in 1985 and became #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, which launched a movement of heartland rock that celebrated family farms and blue-collar workers. He is also a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a recipient of the prestigious John Steinbeck Award. /p>

Mellencamp is also one of the co-founding members of Farm Aid, an organization that began in 1985 and for 35 years has held an annual concert to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and raise funds to keep farm families on their land.

jginsberg
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 07:41:25 am »

Because of his support I have opted out of the emails and will not be back to the site.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:37 pm »

Good riddance to the person above.
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:44 pm »

Well I first saw this via twitter yesterday,  and the replies to the tweet were all vitriolic responses. I did not see one reply of support (although I could have missed, or there might be more since I looked). Although my fingers were itchy, I chose not to wade into the mud on twitter.

I must admit it is rather ironic that the former mayor of the largest city in the country is now all about small towns?!?!?!   Seems Mayor Pete would be the "small town" candidate.  Although i might not always agrees with JM's political opinions/choices (and I am not sure who I support yet) I do always applaud him for having the balls to stand up for what (or whom) he believes in. I am sure he knows he will catch a lot of grief for this (as he already has) but I am also sure he does not give a flying f**k.  And the statement about needing someone capable of beating the incumbent does have some merit. 

Good on you John, as you have said "You've Got To Stand for Something, or You Might Fall for Anything"  See ya at the polls in November  (Or maybe we could get another Vote For Change tour?)
adojamesjess
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 07:27:16 am »

Wow that was Quick 🙄
SClikes
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 07:35:49 am »

John Mellencamp is a super talented artist. 👍 Sorry this video is not working. I like this video so much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFKkw0BZLRI

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: