John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:12:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ???South Bend Set List??????????  (Read 11102 times)
mretramp
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:20:42 am »

Anyone have the setlist to last night's show
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 01:43:19 pm »

Lawless Times
Troubled Land
Minutes To Memories
Small Town
Stones In My Passway
Lonely Ol’ Night
We Are The People
Check It Out
Longest Days
Jack & Diane
Full Catastrophe
Easy Target
Rain On The Scarecrow
Paper In Fire
Authority Song
Crumblin’ Down
Pink Houses
Cherry Bomb
Hurts So Good (new country version)
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:39:49 pm »

Hello Mellenheads,

For anyone attending the upcoming shows, that is the exact set list John and the band played.  The thing is, if he is promoting his CD "Other People's Stuff", why did the band and John play so many of his hits?  Also did anyone receive their CD for and when purchasing tickets?  I didn't!

Either way, the band and John rocked the Morris Theater, South Bend!  Miriam Sturm, you really play fiddle like a musician possessed!  Rock on John and band!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:25 pm »

He’s not promoting “Other People’s Stuff.” This isn’t called the Other People’s Stuff Tour.
mretramp
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:56 pm »

Thank you very much for the setlist. Also to the other poster I got my cds in the mail before Christmas
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »

Appreciate the set list.

I have been a fan since American Fool. LOVE the music. Especially the 90’s and 2000’s.
13/19 from the 80’s is so disappointing. I get his biggest hits are from the 80’s but those of us still purchasing and attending are obvious die hards. I can’t understand why John thinks his other music is not wanted by his fans. There are some obvious staples like his only number 1 J and D and Pink Houses, but my God his catalog is incredible.

Think about these gems: I’m not running anymore, Our Country, Key West, Love and Happiness, Peaceful World, Someday, Now More Than Ever, Wild Night, Just Another Day, Your Life Is Now, Dance Naked, My Sweet Love, Again Tonight, A Ride Back Home, Walk Tall, Grandview, Get A Leg Up, What if i came knockin, etc..........

Believe me I will enjoy his show in Kansas City. My dream would be a tour he calls “Mellencamp - Beyond The 80’s Hits.”
Would anyone else attend besides me?

Keep on keeping on John. You are the best. Just realize Mellenheads love ALL OF YOUR MUSIC.

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 11:57:25 pm »

Appreciate the set list.

I have been a fan since American Fool. LOVE the music. Especially the 90’s and 2000’s.
13/19 from the 80’s is so disappointing. I get his biggest hits are from the 80’s but those of us still purchasing and attending are obvious die hards. I can’t understand why John thinks his other music is not wanted by his fans. There are some obvious staples like his only number 1 J and D and Pink Houses, but my God his catalog is incredible.

Think about these gems: I’m not running anymore, Our Country, Key West, Love and Happiness, Peaceful World, Someday, Now More Than Ever, Wild Night, Just Another Day, Your Life Is Now, Dance Naked, My Sweet Love, Again Tonight, A Ride Back Home, Walk Tall, Grandview, Get A Leg Up, What if i came knockin, etc..........

Believe me I will enjoy his show in Kansas City. My dream would be a tour he calls “Mellencamp - Beyond The 80’s Hits.”
Would anyone else attend besides me?

Keep on keeping on John. You are the best. Just realize Mellenheads love ALL OF YOUR MUSIC.

For whatever reason, John has been very critical of his ‘90s work over the last dozen years or so. Lots of great albums and songs that decade, but he doesn’t see it that way and that’s why there’s only a handful of tracks from that decade that he’s willing to play. Here’s a passage from American Songwriter magazine in 2017:

In the 1990s he admits he often just went through the motions. A heart attack at 42 slowed him down a bit, although he still smokes twenty years later. He had kids to raise and a gnawing distrust of the music industry constantly demanding product. “You had to make a fucking record every eighteen months, and that’s a lot of records.” Some, like the ambitious ‘Human Wheels,’ reveal a maturing singer-songwriter with a more nuanced view of America. Other albums he barely even remembers. “With ‘Whenever We Wanted’ and ‘Dance Naked,’ it was like, ‘Can we just get in there and get this over with as quickly as possible?’ My heart wasn’t in it. I don’t remember making those records. I know I made them, but I just don’t know.”

That quote illustrates why he doesn’t play many songs from the ‘90s in concert. Just be happy he’s playing “We Are The People” and hope he plays “Between A Laugh And A Tear” before he dies.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:59:23 pm by walktall2010 » Logged
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 08:44:23 am »

Hello Mellenheads,

For anyone attending the upcoming shows, that is the exact set list John and the band played.  The thing is, if he is promoting his CD "Other People's Stuff", why did the band and John play so many of his hits?  Also did anyone receive their CD for and when purchasing tickets?  I didn't!

Either way, the band and John rocked the Morris Theater, South Bend!  Miriam Sturm, you really play fiddle like a musician possessed!  Rock on John and band!

Email us at [email protected] and tell us the following for your CDs
1. Did you get an email to redeem the CDs to confirm your shipping address?
2. Either way forward us your email order confirmation
3. Have you gotten any emails that your CDs shipped?

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:15:27 am »

Quote:
In the 1990s he admits he often just went through the motions. A heart attack at 42 slowed him down a bit, although he still smokes twenty years later. He had kids to raise and a gnawing distrust of the music industry constantly demanding product. “You had to make a fucking record every eighteen months, and that’s a lot of records.” Some, like the ambitious ‘Human Wheels,’ reveal a maturing singer-songwriter with a more nuanced view of America. Other albums he barely even remembers. “With ‘Whenever We Wanted’ and ‘Dance Naked,’ it was like, ‘Can we just get in there and get this over with as quickly as possible?’ My heart wasn’t in it. I don’t remember making those records. I know I made them, but I just don’t know.”

This does say a lot. Real bummer is WWW is my fave by any artist and Love And Happiness my fave song of all time, any artist. I will just enjoy the fact that JM is still writing and touring at 67. His music likely saved my life when I lost my mom in mid 90’s with nowhere to turn but his music.

All that said, the first show is often an experiment on a song or two.  I’ll be curious to hear if it was identical up in Milwaukee. Anyone?
Also, based on set list placement, it would seem Full Catastrophe was a slow version or that haunting version again?

*Update-Hurts So Good was removed. Smh 🤦‍♂️
This is the same show he’s done for the past several years. Exact same home stretch. Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:00:30 pm by petenkaren » Logged

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 08:19:40 pm »

Hello Walktall 2010,

Quoting one of the band's concert appearance reviews,   
'On Thursday, John Mellencamp took the stage in South Bend to promote the release of his 24th studio album, “Other People’s Stuff.” '

I agree, John's 90's music was amazing stuff.  How he could think that those songs might have been lesser accomplished music, sad to read.  "Key West Intermezzo, Just Another Day, Not Running Anymore, Fruit Trader, Eden is Burning", who would say this is lesser music than the 80's music?  The only thing that might be said possibly is that music may never top the amazing success of the Scarecrow album.

In the kickin' kick-off show in South Bend last week, John and band played a very polished revision of "Hurts So Good", awesome sounding track from an amazing show!  I think it's sad that the audience could not appreciate the artistic presentation of the short info-movie!  If people  appreciate John's music, it's a package deal, please can they appreciate his life too?!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:42:38 pm by Aeroplane2 » Logged
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 09:46:19 pm »

Hello Walktall 2010,

Quoting one of the band's concert appearance reviews,  
'On Thursday, John Mellencamp took the stage in South Bend to promote the release of his 24th studio album, “Other People’s Stuff.” '

The review is wrong. Uninformed journalists are just making the connection to the recent album release and the tour, but this is the “John Mellencamp Show” tour, it isn’t the “Other People’s Stuff” tour. If he was promoting the album, the tour would be named after it. John isn’t playing any songs from “Other People’s Stuff,” aside from “Stones In My Passway,” and that’s only because he’s already been playing it for four years; he’s not playing it to promote the album.

I agree on your points about the ‘90s songs. They are excellent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: