John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:33:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Theater October 2016 Video  (Read 22146 times)
JohnsAngel
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:51:11 am »

Does anybody know whatever happened with the Chicago Theater concert being videotaped? Is that being released on DVD? It's been a year so I was just curious, wanted relive an amazing night ♡♡♡
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:50:32 am »

Does anybody know whatever happened with the Chicago Theater concert being videotaped? Is that being released on DVD? It's been a year so I was just curious, wanted relive an amazing night ♡♡♡

Its release is still coming, lots of work going on with it behind the scenes. Stay tuned for an announcement in the coming months.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:54:57 am »

Great news! Yippee!
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »

Sounds good. A blu ray would be most welcome.
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:11:39 pm »

And to add to that request, i have an older digital DVD player so also distribute that concert in regular digital format as well please?!!!
JohnsAngel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 10:33:26 pm »

Its release is still coming, lots of work going on with it behind the scenes. Stay tuned for an announcement in the coming months.

Amazing!!! Thank you so much for your reply! This makes me so happy ❤️
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:05:31 pm »

Tony,
Will the Chicago Theater show be available on DVD? I heard it will be on Netflix next month.
Thanks,
Christine B

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 08:42:05 am »

Tony,
Will the Chicago Theater show be available on DVD? I heard it will be on Netflix next month.
Thanks,
Christine B

Yes it will eventually get released on home video for purchase

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »

This is fantastic news!  I hope it's a full length concert with a documentary on John's career.
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 04:28:05 pm »

I would love to have a DVD of the A&E concert special, must have been back in 2004 or 2005.
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 10:43:59 pm »

It appears there was a release of that A & E by Request concert but Amazon & eBay do not show an option to purchase it.  
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:10:37 am by Aeroplane2 » Logged
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 07:54:20 am »

It appears there was a release of that A & E by Request concert but Amazon & eBay do not show an option to purchase it.  You will see it though at this link but I am not familiar with the retailer that is offering the DVD for sale.

http://www.rockconcertdvd.net/shop_tienda/index.php?target=products&product_id=1019

There has not been an official release. That is a bootleg release.

JohnCoffay

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 12:22:46 pm »

Hope this finds its way to John Mellencamp

John,

My girlfriend bought me a plane ticket and paid for the hotel room and the tickets for the show at the Chicago theater back in October of 2016. Now this as a birthday present to me. (yeah, Janet is a keeper) Turns out it was the best present I have had in many years...just saying.
I wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much we enjoyed the concert at the Chicago theater back in October 2016! We just watched the replay of the concert on Netflix and what a great job you and your team did on that movie!

As a bonus we were happy to see ourselves in the crowd about the time you told the story about your grandmother...she calls you "buddy".

I have been a fan and listener of your music since I saw you on American Bandstand all those years ago.

Get your ass to Nashville so we can hear you and your band again, please.

One of your biggest fans,

John Coffay
Nashville , TN
Aeroplane2
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 11:09:16 am »

Hello All & TonyBClubManager,

I really appreciate the moderator here pointing out the link i posted for the A&E by Request concert to be a bootleg release.  Knowing how John feels about  music being ripped off by download and thereby he and other artists shorted their due, i feel embarrassed at having been duped by the site. 

Again, thanks to the moderator for uncovering that truth! Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: