John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 07:16:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring 2011 Pre-Sale Questions & Problems  (Read 56370 times)
kacee
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 04:29:12 am »

Finally after 5 years John is coming to Seattle. Unfortunately I did not find out until 2 days ago. I had been watching and praying he would come here. So I go to buy tickets and of course all but the crappy seats are taken

What I am angry about is why is it people are allowed to buy pre-sale tickets and then turn around and put them online for 3-4 times their value? I found perfect seats in the ORCH but they are over 800.00 for 2 tickets.  I am just disgusted! Angry

Why is AB (Canada) getting 2 shows and we only get one, and it is a small venue (although nice) so a second show would of made a lot of sense.

I am completely bummed.. I had tickets to see him in August 2005, and I got the best dang seats too (for a lot less then this venue), it was at the White River amphitheater. Unfortunately my dad had passed away 8 months prior to this at 66 and my mom was also dying from alzheimers at 62. So I had to stay with her and miss that concert.

So I have been waiting a long time and I don't mean to sound like a baby but I have never wanted to see an artist so bad as I do John Mellencamp.. So of course i am depressed. I want good seats without having to be robbed by these people who snatched up the good ones to go and sell for sickening amounts, is that to much to ask?

I will pay that much if I have to because I think this will be my last chance to see him in concert. I am not wealthy but I will do what I need to I guess... But it's not fair.

Karla in WA State where it rains so much you don't need to shower..hehe

\"It\'s what you do
kacee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:11 am »

Now tonight it says on ticket master.. It didn't say this yesterday.. Is it sold out??? I will puke if it is..

"Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

* Tickets may not be on sale yet
    * Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
    * Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
    * On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office

\"It\'s what you do
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:43 am »

tickets went on sale to the public on Oct. 29th.

i was just able to get on ticketmaster.  couldn't pull up any VIP seats, but other seats came up.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:40 pm »

Finally after 5 years John is coming to Seattle. Unfortunately I did not find out until 2 days ago. I had been watching and praying he would come here. So I go to buy tickets and of course all but the crappy seats are taken

What I am angry about is why is it people are allowed to buy pre-sale tickets and then turn around and put them online for 3-4 times their value? I found perfect seats in the ORCH but they are over 800.00 for 2 tickets.  I am just disgusted! Angry

Why is AB (Canada) getting 2 shows and we only get one, and it is a small venue (although nice) so a second show would of made a lot of sense.

I am completely bummed.. I had tickets to see him in August 2005, and I got the best dang seats too (for a lot less then this venue), it was at the White River amphitheater. Unfortunately my dad had passed away 8 months prior to this at 66 and my mom was also dying from alzheimers at 62. So I had to stay with her and miss that concert.

So I have been waiting a long time and I don't mean to sound like a baby but I have never wanted to see an artist so bad as I do John Mellencamp.. So of course i am depressed. I want good seats without having to be robbed by these people who snatched up the good ones to go and sell for sickening amounts, is that to much to ask?

I will pay that much if I have to because I think this will be my last chance to see him in concert. I am not wealthy but I will do what I need to I guess... But it's not fair.

Karla in WA State where it rains so much you don't need to shower..hehe

Sorry that you missed out on the tour announcement. It's a reminder to make sure you are on our email mailinglist as well as following on John's twitter and facebook pages. We reach out a lot to our fans to keep them in the loop.

I don't know if Seattle is sold out, although I heard it was selling well. The shows that got second shows got them because pretty much they sold out instantly. The promoter (not so much John) makes those calls based on their experience with the local market and what they think is doable ticket and schedule wise.

I suggest you keep checking for tickets, especially daily the last 3 weeks before the show. There are always a few tickets that are released before the show.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
kacee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 08:28:26 am »

Sorry that you missed out on the tour announcement. It's a reminder to make sure you are on our email mailinglist as well as following on John's twitter and facebook pages. We reach out a lot to our fans to keep them in the loop.

I don't know if Seattle is sold out, although I heard it was selling well. The shows that got second shows got them because pretty much they sold out instantly. The promoter (not so much John) makes those calls based on their experience with the local market and what they think is doable ticket and schedule wise.

I suggest you keep checking for tickets, especially daily the last 3 weeks before the show. There are always a few tickets that are released before the show.

Thank you Tony.. I don't know how I missed the announcement. I am on the mailing list as well as his twitter, facebook and I still missed it (I even was checking often).. I could just stomp my feet for missing it..LOL!!

Yes I saw that there are some seats available (it must have just been down before). However I don't know this venue well enough so I don't know how far it is to the stage from section 25, row D. But it might just have to due and I will just have to pray like hell they are good seats..lol

However I am afraid to wait until so close to the show in fear of not getting a seat at all..So we shall see..

Thanks for your information..
Karla

\"It\'s what you do
fishbrooke

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »

hi Tony,
Great time at the Clowes show on Monday.  We had a blast.

We are considering to go down to Austin for the 4/2/11 show, is there any more news on that show and when the presale might take place?

Thanks in advance,
Jim/Indianapolis
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 07:58:22 am »

hi Tony,
Great time at the Clowes show on Monday.  We had a blast.

We are considering to go down to Austin for the 4/2/11 show, is there any more news on that show and when the presale might take place?

Thanks in advance,
Jim/Indianapolis

The promoter is still waiting on the Austin venue to be a little closer to completion (it's a new venue still under construction as I understand it) before they put tickets on sale. It's always hard to ticket a place until they can get the seats into it!

tmihalik4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 11:39:42 am »

Hi Tony:

I have tickets for the Pittsburgh show this saturday night.  since the venue sold the tickets and not ticketmaster, I was not provided with the promo codes for 2 tickets for the cd download and the chance to upgraded to the front row.  I called the venue ticket office and they never heard of this promotion from the Mellencamp camp.  Would you provide me with information on how I can participate in this promotion?

Thanks!

Tom
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 08:16:37 am »

Hi Tony:

I have tickets for the Pittsburgh show this saturday night.  since the venue sold the tickets and not ticketmaster, I was not provided with the promo codes for 2 tickets for the cd download and the chance to upgraded to the front row.  I called the venue ticket office and they never heard of this promotion from the Mellencamp camp.  Would you provide me with information on how I can participate in this promotion?

Thanks!

Tom

The mp3 album download was only included with tickets for the 2011 shows, no fall 2010 shows included the download and they do not offer the front row upgrade chance.

Sorry for the confusion,
Tony

smalltown57

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 08:56:07 am »

Going to Mn show tonight , can't wait ! Hey Tony still no premium package items received any word ??
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »

I just received my premium pkg items yesterday for the KC show, I am guessing the MN shows premium items are soon to follow.  Smiley
rena62

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 08:58:10 pm »

I purchased two premium tickets for the April 2011 Austin City Limits.....I haven't yet received any emails about the package items.....any suggestions?  In 2008, I purchased Premium and NEVER received my package items.....
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »

Cool

I got tickets for the Houston show and received the premium items (poster, album,. t-shirt, pass,etc.) several days ago.

However, I have had a problem trying to download the mp3 to qualify for an update to first row.  When I first tried, I entered my code but then it would not download because Java would not support it.  I upgraded Java and tried again and got the response that the code was already used.  When I contacted the provider, I received no suggestions back.  Any suggestions Tony or Sharon?

jcooprx
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 02:54:57 pm »

Cool

I got tickets for the Houston show and received the premium items (poster, album,. t-shirt, pass,etc.) several days ago.

However, I have had a problem trying to download the mp3 to qualify for an update to first row.  When I first tried, I entered my code but then it would not download because Java would not support it.  I upgraded Java and tried again and got the response that the code was already used.  When I contacted the provider, I received no suggestions back.  Any suggestions Tony or Sharon?

jcooprx

Try downloading it using the FireFox or Google Chrome browsers and see if they work any better. That is my best suggestion, that or try a different computer. It's not a perfect process but we have had very few problems.
Thanks
Tony

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 02:56:30 pm »

I purchased two premium tickets for the April 2011 Austin City Limits.....I haven't yet received any emails about the package items.....any suggestions?  In 2008, I purchased Premium and NEVER received my package items.....

The Package emails haven' gone out yet. We don't have easy access to the customer data for the non Ticketmaster shows so we typically have to wait until we either sell out of the packages or end their sale before we can send the redemption emails out. So if you don't see the email by about 3 weeks before your show please drop me an email at [email protected]

Thanks
Tony

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: