John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 08:53:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining John's autograph  (Read 14397 times)
williehagfan1
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2016, 06:50:57 pm »

Hello! I sent an item requesting respectfully for John to consider signing on February 17, 2016. I followed all of the rules, sending it using certified mail, along with a certified stamped envelope for return to me. I haven't received anything as yet. This is July 2, 2016, and I realize that John is very busy, but I wandered if you think that I still have a chance of receiving it back. I'd appreciate it if you can give me some input into this matter. Thank you so much!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:28:56 am »

Hello! I sent an item requesting respectfully for John to consider signing on February 17, 2016. I followed all of the rules, sending it using certified mail, along with a certified stamped envelope for return to me. I haven't received anything as yet. This is July 2, 2016, and I realize that John is very busy, but I wandered if you think that I still have a chance of receiving it back. I'd appreciate it if you can give me some input into this matter. Thank you so much!

Very likely you will still get a reply. Very common for a 6 to 9 month turn around time.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:22 am »

I'm sure you'll get an autograph!! Cheesy 'Cause I sent him a letter last year in the beginning of July, and I got a response/autograph just two months later at the end of August! I never felt so exited getting mail in my life. (He may respond later, I think I just got lucky with him responding so quickly.)
And proof, you can see it here: http://pre07.deviantart.net/d21d/th/pre/f/2015/231/9/3/z_49_by_mellencamplover-d96cmfs.jpg

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
williehagfan1
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:31:28 am »

Thank you so much for responding to my question! I appreciate it. Man, you sure did get lucky. I guess it was your timing. It's been 6 months waiting for me at this point. I guess all I can do is hope. I know he's been busy.
joshcarolina
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 09:22:28 pm »

where do u find the info to get something autographed. i was raised by john mellencamp through music i consider him like a 2nd dad, and can always go to a beer and some of his music when i need a life answer.  i have done 39 shows hitting 40 in richmond and splurged for diamond seats....2nd row! im super stoked. hope he pulls me on stage to dance like he used to in the good old days  Grin
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 09:21:52 am »

where do u find the info to get something autographed. i was raised by john mellencamp through music i consider him like a 2nd dad, and can always go to a beer and some of his music when i need a life answer.  i have done 39 shows hitting 40 in richmond and splurged for diamond seats....2nd row! im super stoked. hope he pulls me on stage to dance like he used to in the good old days  Grin

Contacting John and JohnMellencamp.com

Many people email asking us to forward messages to John, or requests for charity auction donations, autographs etc. John Mellencamp does not see the emails sent to this website. However your messages about the site and John's career are read and at times replied to (by mellencamp.com staff) or forwarded on to his management and record label.

It is possible to contact John Mellencamp via postal mail. Listed below is a PO BOX that is delivered to John's office. Please read the notes below:

John and his staff's primary job is making, promoting and dealing with the business surrounding John's music. Please be patient if sending an autograph or charity request, we regret that the wait can be months when John is very busy.

John does not accept any outside songs/CD's/material. Anything sent of this nature will not be returned and will be promptly thrown away by John's staff. Please do not send these types of items.

There are several things that you can do to help speed up this process:

Send a pre paid (w/priority mail return postage stamp included), self addressed return envelope/mailer along with your item. If you do not include enough return postage your item will not be returned.
Sending flat and small items (pictures/cd covers) is recommended. The mail is not picked up every day and large items that do not fit in the box are returned by the post office after a few days.
Autograph/memorabilia dealers will not have their items returned.
Please do not send any item that is a one of a kind.
Sandravoormolen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:56:32 am »

Does anyone know if the P.O Box is large enough for an A4 letter size enveloppe?

I want to sent John a home made birthday gift.

Thank you

Sandra, The Netherlands
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »

Does anyone know if the P.O Box is large enough for an A4 letter size enveloppe?

I want to sent John a home made birthday gift.

Thank you

Sandra, The Netherlands

I think you should be OK! Even if it doesn't fit in the box the post office will notify them there is a package.   
Sandravoormolen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 02:11:43 am »

Thank you Sharon for your reply.

It's a relief to know that the postoffice notify the owner of the p.o box that there's a package and that the package isn't  returned to me because it doesn't fit the p.o. Box.

Thanks

Sandra

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: