John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:58:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Tour Postponed?  (Read 18038 times)
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2015, 03:29:05 am »

Tony...this is the rumour, what's going on? 

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
gerrycan70
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 05:51:32 am »

Not a rumour, fact unfortunately.

Doesn't help when it was so poorly advertised by the promoter!!

There goes my non refundable  airfare down the tube!  Cry

New Dates:

Perth: Tuesday June 14th Perth HBF Stadium *New Venue
Adelaide: Thursday June 16th, Adelaide Ent Centre  *New Venue
Sydney: Saturday June 18th , Sydney Allphones Arena
Canberra: Sunday June 19th, Canberra AIS Arena
Melbourne: Wednesday June 22nd, Rod Laver Arena
Newcastle: Friday June 24th, Newcastle Entertainment Centre *New Venue Replaces Hunter V.
Brisbane: Sunday June 26th, Brisbane Convention Centre * New Venue       
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:23:43 am »

Not a rumour, fact unfortunately.

Doesn't help when it was so poorly advertised by the promoter!!

There goes my non refundable  airfare down the tube!  Cry

New Dates:

Perth: Tuesday June 14th Perth HBF Stadium *New Venue
Adelaide: Thursday June 16th, Adelaide Ent Centre  *New Venue
Sydney: Saturday June 18th , Sydney Allphones Arena
Canberra: Sunday June 19th, Canberra AIS Arena
Melbourne: Wednesday June 22nd, Rod Laver Arena
Newcastle: Friday June 24th, Newcastle Entertainment Centre *New Venue Replaces Hunter V.
Brisbane: Sunday June 26th, Brisbane Convention Centre * New Venue       

Yes this is confirmed. We received the updated/confirmed details overnight and will begin updating John's sites today.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:48:23 am »

Yeah, got an email from the venue (bought tickets direct from the venue this time), with all the details about the tix being valid for new venue, but I was hoping you could shed some light (I don't expect all the nitty gritty details) as to why.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:33:22 pm »

Yeah, got an email from the venue (bought tickets direct from the venue this time), with all the details about the tix being valid for new venue, but I was hoping you could shed some light (I don't expect all the nitty gritty details) as to why.

The tour worked out better in June than February with all of the schedules involved.

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »

Thanks Tony.

Good thangs come to those who wait......just have to wait longer I guess!!! 

Aaronprice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 01:10:18 am »

Hi there
I bought tickets for the Roche Estate Pokolbin NSW concert, Tickets were via Ticketmaster, I got great seats, now the new venue is Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Tickets via Ticketek.

what will happen with my tickets now they are being sold via a different company?

I'm shattered I may/will loose my good seats. I really don't want a refund and then have to buy again!

any word on what may happen?

thanks
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 08:20:51 am »

Hi there
I bought tickets for the Roche Estate Pokolbin NSW concert, Tickets were via Ticketmaster, I got great seats, now the new venue is Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Tickets via Ticketek.

what will happen with my tickets now they are being sold via a different company?

I'm shattered I may/will loose my good seats. I really don't want a refund and then have to buy again!

any word on what may happen?

thanks

Direct your questions to the promoter The Dainty Group, they will work with both ticket sellers to map over the tickets to correspondingly close sections in the new venue to their best ability.

Keep us in the loop at [email protected] if you have any questions, but I think at this point don't expect to hear much until early January with the holidays coming up.

gerrycan70

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 11:36:12 am »

The tour worked out better in June than February with all of the schedules involved.

Tony, as we Aussies would say, (using a cricket analogy) "You've played that with a straight bat"   Grin

But I'm not laughing because I, like many have to decide now whether to take a risk in forking out more $$ to change (non refundable)  flights  to June. People will have been burned by non refundable hotel accommodation. The status quo come June, might still be the same.

Just some constructive feedback:

It's obviously not yours or John's fault, I just wish the promoter was more upfront with the fans!

The VIP ticket pricing structure set by the promoter is 100% ridiculous. $500, $380 they've got it so wrong. It wasn't anywhere near that in 2008, and John's shows were packed. That's our problem, in 2016. 

Aussie punters have just been burned on failed the Soundwave festival, many out of pocket for non refundable flights / hotels. All because the promoter was never upfront with the fans about the real reasons / status.

I hope, pray that June goes ahead, it would be very sad if it didn't.

Ivanvee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 07:29:08 pm »

Tony

No Australian tour now why? is there talk of any other proposed dates for Australia?

Ivan
nursers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 05:46:45 pm »

I'd so love an answer to hit as well. It absolutely astounds me that there would be zero communication on why this occurred, particularly given how many people potentially lost flight and accommodation money.

I see another leg of the tour's been announced and there's no shortage of explanation of how that works because there's more money to be made....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: