John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:10:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New live album slated for July release ''Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood''.  (Read 32498 times)
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:55:30 am »

This is a 1984 Bloomington show during the Uh-Huh tour, and it's available for pre-order, i'm super psyched.

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Let-Me-Be-Misunderstood/dp/B00N0N2L6U/ref=sr_1_14?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1430567049&sr=1-14&keywords=john+mellencamp
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:34:49 am »

Wow!  For Real?  I hope so and many more..............
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 11:23:46 am »

Don't get excited: This is a bootleg that has been available for 30 years -- it's not an official release from Universal Music. Don't get me wrong, it's a great listen, but it's not something you need to anticipate. It's easily available online right now.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 06:30:32 pm »

Official release or not ''apparently it's official enough for Amazon'' most of us have never heard this, or even knew of it's existence, if the audio quality is GOOD who cares, we can enjoy it until an ''official'' release comes along.
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10:17 am »

Official release or not ''apparently it's official enough for Amazon'' most of us have never heard this, or even knew of it's existence, if the audio quality is GOOD who cares, we can enjoy it until an ''official'' release comes along.

Bruce Springsteen has been selling his latest shows on his website.  It is awesome.  I wish JM would follow suit.  After all, JM>BS.

Brad S

Thank God for Forgiveness
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »

I'd love a live album of the "No Better Than This" tour.  Or even better a "Plain Spoken" tour live album. (official releases of course)

Mike
cherrybombfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 08:58:57 pm »

I agree with you Mike, I think that it would be awesome if John would release a few live albums of shows throughout his career.  I attended my first John Mellencamp concert when I was 20, at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville, IN (or Deer Creek, as John still calls it).  This was during the Cuttin' Heads tour.  Since that day I have attended at least 1 show on all of his major tours.  I love all of John's music - the old and the new.  I know that some of the songs I have been fortunate enough to hear in concert, I will likely never hear played live again.  It would be great to be able to add them to my collection. 

Brad mentioned the fact that Springsteen is allowing fans to purchase live versions of his shows online.  I agree, I think that it would be great if all live concerts were available for purchase.  Some other artists are doing this as well.  About two years ago I attended a Jewel concert, and was able to purchase a code at the venue, which I was later able to redeem for an online download of the live show.  Although I hope that John decides to offer something similar, I will not purchase anything unless it is authentic.  I will not support someone who is profiting off of someone else's work without their consent. 

John R. Turner
theProudestMonkey
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 10:39:48 am »

Bruce Springsteen has been selling his latest shows on his website.  It is awesome.  I wish JM would follow suit.  After all, JM>BS.

Brad S

JM>BS? One of the most laughable statements I've heard in a long time. I almost considered reporting you to the moderators for this one.

Also, what would the point of releasing every JM show be? The setlist is literally the SAME night to night. BS played over 110 songs in his 10 show run in Australia, last year. JM has only played 23 songs this entire tour (are we close to 50 shows, now)? How terribly embarrassing....
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:25 pm »

Brad S

JM>BS? One of the most laughable statements I've heard in a long time. I almost considered reporting you to the moderators for this one.

Also, what would the point of releasing every JM show be? The setlist is literally the SAME night to night. BS played over 110 songs in his 10 show run in Australia, last year. JM has only played 23 songs this entire tour (are we close to 50 shows, now)? How terribly embarrassing....

This is a JM forum, DB.  And, JM is always greater than BS.  Laugh yourself back to backstreets.

theProudestMonkey
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »

This is a JM forum, DB.  And, JM is always greater than BS.  Laugh yourself back to backstreets.

Of course it's a JM forum and that's why I'm here. JM is one of my favorite musicians. Just because it's a JM forum, though, doesn't mean we can make gross, erroneous statements like "JM>BS" because that isn't, never has been, and never will be true. They're both incredible talents but BS is on a completely different level that most others have to look up at; both in studio work and most importantly as it pertains to this discussion, live performance.

(I will say, JM's studio albums have been better efforts than BS's over the last five or six years but six isn't many when you look at the last forty!)
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 09:34:30 am »

Of course it's a JM forum and that's why I'm here. JM is one of my favorite musicians. Just because it's a JM forum, though, doesn't mean we can make gross, erroneous statements like "JM>BS" because that isn't, never has been, and never will be true. They're both incredible talents but BS is on a completely different level that most others have to look up at; both in studio work and most importantly as it pertains to this discussion, live performance.

(I will say, JM's studio albums have been better efforts than BS's over the last five or six years but six isn't many when you look at the last forty!)

No worries.  Thanks.

kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:54 pm »

Brad S

Frankly i don't give a fuck that BS is doing this, more reason for John not to do it. Personally ''even though i think he's a hell of a nice guy'' i haven't been able to stand his voice or almost anything he's done since ''The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle''. In my opinion he may the single most overrated rock artist ever, and his fans are some of the most insufferable and delusional fans on the planet.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:50:08 pm »

It's beyond laughable.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »

Got the CD in the mail this afternoon and had a chance to listen to the whole thing in the car, this is an incredible concert, and the CD actually sounds pretty good, much better than i expected.

Now for even better news, there's a 180g vinyl audiophile edition on the way, how cool is that.

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Let-Me-Be-Misunderstood/dp/B00WSGS5QA/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1436587164&sr=1-2&keywords=don%27t+let+me+be+misunderstood
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 02:32:20 pm »

In my opinion, album for album John has been much better than Bruce since ''Scarecrow'', John continues to get better to this day. Bruce may still be a great live performer, but even there the only edge he has over John is in the length of his shows, and frankly to me more doesn't always equal better.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: