John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 12:55:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary Scottish band Nazareth announce retirement of singer Dan McCafferty  (Read 10679 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:38:23 am »

It was announced earlier that Nazareth lead vocalist Dan McCafferty is retiring from the rock 'n' roll business.  The band had to cancel a good portion of their Canadian tour due to Dan's ill health.  The hope was that Dan could get well after a few weeks off.  Unfortunately it wasn't meant.

Nazareth was my very first concert so this is rather sad news.  Nazareth put out some great albums in their day and their popularity in Canada in the 70s was incredible.  They sold albums by the truck load back then.  They are one of my all time favourites.  There's many great memories there.  

Dan McCafferty will always remain the best rock shouter in the business.  I always used to say, his voice was like electricity going through you.  Powerful as hell.

Mike

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:56:17 am by Smalltownboy » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

i am so sorry to hear this news. nazareth was a good band and could rock this earth. and as for dan mcCafferty well said. yes indeed he sure could shout!!!!!
JesseJoe
One of the Crazy Ones...
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 05:49:26 am »

"Love Hurts" was a powerful song, and is my favourite Nazareth song ever. Sorry to hear about this sad news.  Sad

Well this earth is a graveyard it will swallow our bones, it was here long before us, it will be here when we're gone. ~JM~
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:52:40 am »

My favourite ballad from Nazareth is "Child In The Sun".  Dan was amazing on it.  They've done some other great ones.  "Sunshine", (a lot of people got married to that one and the joke is that the band was blamed for the marriage ending in divorce) "Homesick Again" and "Flyin'" to name a few.

As I said, Dan is the greatest rock shouter on the planet but he could also sing.

Mike 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: