John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:43:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian & Kurt Markus Film / Making of the Album  (Read 12608 times)
57Tremolux
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:58:53 am »

Anyone know if the film will be released on DVD ?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:31 pm »

I would guess that it would be released, but it will probably be after the No Better Than This tour before we see it. I'm sure they want those coming to the shows to be watching the movie for the first time and not already own it on DVD. Releasing it now would be akin to releasing a movie on DVD while it's still in theaters.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:35:46 pm »

I would guess that it would be released, but it will probably be after the No Better Than This tour before we see it. I'm sure they want those coming to the shows to be watching the movie for the first time and not already own it on DVD. Releasing it now would be akin to releasing a movie on DVD while it's still in theaters.

It's unclear what the movies future is. It is still in the editing stage so until it's a done/final/John approved thing I don't think there will be firm plans for it.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
57Tremolux
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:05:24 pm »

It's unclear what the movies future is. It is still in the editing stage so until it's a done/final/John approved thing I don't think there will be firm plans for it.

Thanks guys. I always enjoy watching any footage of the recording process , seeing John and the band in that more informal atmosphere and behind the scenes on tour would be great.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:48:39 pm »

So this movie debuts in two months and it's still not complete? John said on the Tavis Smiley show that Tavis was in the movie, so I figured since this was shot last July and August that the final product had been complete for some time. I wonder what is taking so long. 
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:54:20 am »

So this movie debuts in two months and it's still not complete? John said on the Tavis Smiley show that Tavis was in the movie, so I figured since this was shot last July and August that the final product had been complete for some time. I wonder what is taking so long. 

It's essentially done, but the FINAL edit I do not believe has been approved. There is always round after round of refinement and subtle tweaking to the editing.

walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:23 am »

Very interesting. Thanks for the update. Do you have a rough estimate as to how long the movie is going to be?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »

Very interesting. Thanks for the update. Do you have a rough estimate as to how long the movie is going to be?

I do not at this point. Around an hour I have heard but there have been edits and work going on all year (Markus by trade is not a filmmaker and this thing was shot old school). Edits and stuff like that are tedious.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: