John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:22:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen rocked Vancouver  (Read 29453 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:47:20 pm »

I went to see Brother Bruce on Monday, November 26th, 2012 at Rogers Arena.  What a terrific show.  It really was a religious experience.  THE BOSS played a great mix of old songs, new songs and some rarely ever played songs.  A true showman.  Bruce commented that he felt like Tom Jones. (some young ladies in the audience threw their panties at the stage)  He even did crowd surfing.  I was also pretty close to the stage and so I could see him and the band quite well without having to always look at the monitors.  The show was sold out. (18,500+)  Bruce played for almost 3 & 1/2 hours.  What young band can pull that off?  It really was a great night and I just thought I'd share that with everyone on John's forum.

Mike
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »

The Eagles are another band who i have seen play for over 3 hours,
the last time at Madison Square Garden.  Excellent Show.
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »

i just saw elvin bishop playing, and he put on a fantastic 3 hour show. every song i think he made he played, and we went wild. just a note here, the biggest hit "fooled around and fell in love" was written by elvin bishop, but isnt originally sung by him when it first came out. it was the small guitar player at the time it came out and his name i cant remember.

and in january we will have gregg allman coming  and the tickets are going like crazy!!!!!! i got mine early.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:17:13 pm »

Yes, a couple of years ago, 2010, saw The Eagles and The Dixie Chicks perform in concert; over 5 hours.  Very fun musical night!!
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »

The show was sold out. (18,500+)  Bruce played for almost 3 & 1/2 hours

WOW! That is beyond incredible! .

May I ask what you paid for tickets?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:34:16 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:56:02 am »

We saw Bruce in August in Vernon, NY and he played for 3hrs and 45mins. We pain $120 for each of us and it was money well spent. We waited in line to get in and the doors opened 2 hrs later then scheduled but they gave us passes to go in the pit and that was awesome!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 11:19:23 am »

Yeah, Bruce is always a good night of rock 'n' roll.  THE BOSS really is the hardest working white man in show business.

Mike
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

We pain $120 for each of us

That's actually resonable..I thought they would cost much more.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 04:13:34 pm »

I ment to say paid. Your right considering how long he performed, boy I can tell my legs ached for standing in one spot that long. Lol
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 11:55:07 am »

Yeah, my legs were pretty sore as was my back, etc., and yet I'm not 63.  I don't know how Bruce does it and has been doing it for all these years but his energy is incredible.

It really was a terrific show.

Mike       
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »

He was on tv last night at the 12 12 12 concert here in NY @ Madison Square Garden,
he is in top physical shape--- works out a lot I am sure.  He and Mick Jagger
both worked the stage like they did when they were younger.
Look at John the man hit 60 and puts on one of the better shows out there!
Like fine wine----get better with age!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »

Yes, yes.

It's so true, they do get better with age.

Mike
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 09:38:50 am »

I watched that entire concert.  I just wish John was there to perform.  He would have fit in with the talent on that stage.  I keep wondering why he wasn't.  He was there for the 9/11 Benefit.  Remember the blue jumpsuit?  Kid Rock joining him on Pink Houses?  Like I said he should have been part of this 12/12/12 Concert.  What a major disappointment that he wasn't.
JesseJoe
One of the Crazy Ones...
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »

I watched that entire concert.  I just wish John was there to perform.  He would have fit in with the talent on that stage.  I keep wondering why he wasn't.  He was there for the 9/11 Benefit.  Remember the blue jumpsuit?  Kid Rock joining him on Pink Houses?  Like I said he should have been part of this 12/12/12 Concert.  What a major disappointment that he wasn't.

I strongly agree.  Roll Eyes

Well this earth is a graveyard it will swallow our bones, it was here long before us, it will be here when we're gone. ~JM~
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »

I was hoping he was gonna be there too. They kept saying on the radio all the performers that did the 911 concert were gonna be there. Too bad.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: