John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:47:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Election  (Read 11974 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:42:12 am »

I am not sure, if political topics are allowed on this website, though Johnīs music has always been politically and socially aware, and I find it more useful than talking about his girlfriends.
Besides, this section "Melting Pot" seems to be fully occupied by one ambitious writer.

anyway, I have a try, as I would like to know more from people like you about the upcoming election.
living in Germany, I am far away and just donīt trust the media. whatīs going on in your country has always interested me a lot, not only because of the music.
Itīs a fantastic country, and in my opinion your current president is the best man one can imagine. surely not without mistakes, but he seems to be much more intelligent than the rest.

What are your thoughts and dreams? I dont want to start a political discussion, but just get some more information from the real people, not from journalists.
Thanks and good luck to all of you!
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »

Looks like nobody is politically interested here, well...some of Johnīs best songs are political songs, Pink Houses, Rain On The Scarecrow, Paper In Fire, Country Gentleman, To Washington, The West End etc...
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:01 am »

I am far away and just donīt trust the media
Yup, in America, "journalists" are too busy giving you  their biased spin on what happens rather then giving the facts..and letting you judge for yourself.
You have to do your own research about the issues.

Speaking of pollitics, JM was at Bill Maher's(the Political comedian) show at IU on Sun night,
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:32 pm »

Romney has no integrity. End of story.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:01 pm »

I am far away and just donīt trust the media
Yup, in America, "journalists" are too busy giving you  their biased spin on what happens rather then giving the facts..and letting you judge for yourself.
You have to do your own research about the issues.

Speaking of pollitics, JM was at Bill Maher's(the Political comedian) show at IU on Sun night,

I like Maher; watched his movie Religulous the other week. Is the Maher show with JM as a studio guest on youtube anywhere? I looked recently but couldn't find it...which is weird, as I've seen it before someplace.
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:54 am »

4 more years for Obama. Well done, USA!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: