John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 12:18:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My review on John's artbook "Nothing Like I planned"  (Read 3640 times)
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:51:57 am »

It is a beautiful 9 X 9 inch book. The colored photos of John's painting is fantastic, you can see the detail and brushstrokes very well. There are two interviews in the front of the book and some comments from John in some of the pages. I do like the fact that it gives the sizes of the paintings along with the names and dates of them in this book compared to the other artbook "Paintings and Reflections" which gives just the dates and names.

However, the only thing I am disappointed with the book is the fact that the book literally fell apart in my hands. They put great effort in the great quality book pages but not in putting it together. I am very careful with all of my books, especially the one I keep for my collections which this book is one.

I still recommend this book but you have to be extra careful with the handling of it. Do not open it too far or it will eventually come apart like mine did. Also the front cover tends so show finger prints as well.
I do not want to prevent anyone from buying the book, I just want everyone to be aware and take care in handling this great book.
Sheila  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:02:31 am by sheilafarmer » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: