John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:44:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rogers Bayfest - Sarnia Ontario July 13, 2012 Setlist  (Read 10783 times)
inxess01
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:04:33 pm »

mellenfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:25:04 pm »

The good news was Mike Wanchic was back on tour after a medical absence of some sort. The bad news was John cut many songs from the set list compared to previous concerts - only playing 70 mins. The warm up band played that long. Not good.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:25:47 pm »

The warm up band played that long

Undecided
adojamesjess
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 08:10:14 am »

ya not good...
MadWiccan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:18:57 am »

I wonder if it was a curfew issue? I heard that Springsteen and McCartney had the plug pulled in the middle of a song in London just the other day because they were over the curfew. Maybe stupid red tape and bureaucratic garbage meant they had to be done at a certain time?
mellenfan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:10 am »

no curfew issue....Bayfest was to run to midnight - he was done at 11:10pm.  I have seen him over 35 times in 25 years and I don't understand how he can cut some shows short (I've seen this before) and feel it's ok.  People pay good money and get a fraction of the show.

adojamesjess
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »

i agree...saw his opening night in bloomington...(which was amazing)then seen the same show at 3 other venues...not same effort at all...glad i didnt spend V.I.P $$ for oshawa..
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:07 pm »

glad i didnt spend V.I.P $$ for oshawa..

He got great reviews at oshawa Grin

Anyway sounds like he needs to do a NEW Album.  Hope he gets back in the studio,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: