John Mellencamp Community
April 29, 2024, 02:41:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very profound statement I saw regarding John.  (Read 10396 times)
mgreg651
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:20:57 am »

I was watching one of John's new songs on youtube and somebody posted how they didn't like his new shows and wants to hear the old sound.  Then, someone posted a comment that really sums up my opinion of John's musical interests........"For those of you in search of Johnny Cougar, he never existed." 
bradsanders56
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:57:14 am »

I was watching one of John's new songs on youtube and somebody posted how they didn't like his new shows and wants to hear the old sound.  Then, someone posted a comment that really sums up my opinion of John's musical interests........"For those of you in search of Johnny Cougar, he never existed." 

Yea, but I think the average show attendee wants to hear the Mellencamp of their youth.  They want to be reminded of a time long ago and reminisce.

Thank God for Forgiveness
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »

Loving this quote, made me grin with memories of those days and the truth of this line..I think John would approve.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:00:13 pm »

When John was a young man starting out in the music business, he was a different person in many ways.  We all were different people when we were young.  We've all grown up and so has john.

Mike
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:48:56 pm »

to say that "john couger" never existed sounds like denial to me. yeah i know he didnt like the name, well neither did i, however it was a start and a stepping stone on his journey to where he is today. i  think john is  grateful for those early days. they werent easy but thats the way it happened and theres no erasing it.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:26 pm »

however it was a start and a stepping stone on his journey to where he is today ..but thats the way it happened and theres no erasing it.

What an ephiany. Wink

We've all grown up and so has john.
yup. for sure
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:14:40 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:22:27 am »

however it was a start and a stepping stone on his journey to where he is today ..but thats the way it happened and theres no erasing it.

What an ephiany. Wink

We've all grown up and so has john.
yup. for sure
and grown older i may add  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: