John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of John at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame 2012  (Read 23875 times)
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:32 pm »

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame site had this play by play for when John came on:

9:07 p.m.: Donovan thanked John Mellencamp for an interesting introduction, but his only statement was a poem he wrote for the occasion.

"To the world's great stage, honored am I. To sing my song to a million fans."

"Always your poet, a shaman am I," Donovan's poem continued.

I found these photos on
Yahoo.news and
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/13/4412723/rock-hall.html

John looks awesome! Wished I was there.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:00:47 am by sheilafarmer » Logged
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »

Thanks for posting! Of course, the second one is my favorite Cheesy.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:24:32 pm by walktall2010 » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:06:26 am »

I love the pictures you found.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:01:50 am by sheilafarmer » Logged
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:47 am »

I found 2 more pictures on the net.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:23:07 am by sheilafarmer » Logged
janes6289
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 08:41:10 am »

Great pics!  I was lucky enough to be there.  John's speech was hilarious.  He talked a lot about how Donovan "inspired" him.  He used the quote sign every time he said the word " inspired".  He said "you people in the business, and you know who you are, knows that "inspired" just means someone  you stole a whole lot of shit from!". John was very passionate in his appreciation for Donovan.  He even had with him his first album he bought of Donovans.  He said, can you see that, pointing to the upper left hand corner of the album, that says Mellencamp.  Growing up in Indiana that's how we kept track of our stuff.  We didn't have a lot of money so we had to trade our albums around, but you always had to keep track of them". John and Donovan's performance of Season of the Witch was very passionate as well.  They had a great time on stage together.  John and Meg left as soon as he was done.  They sat at a table with the other presenters, Bette Midler, Kid Rock, Robbie Robertson, Chris Rock and a couple other people I didn't know.  Bette sat between John and Meg and Bette and Meg seemed quite friendly together. John smoked the entire time.  He even had a lit cigarette in his hand at the beginning of the induction speech.  He looked around to see what he should do with it then walked up to the edge of the stage and dropped it onto the floor below.  Gotta love our JM!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:44:41 am by janes6289 » Logged
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:11:43 am »

He looked around to see what he should do with it then walked up to the edge of the stage and dropped it onto the floor below.  

FIRE lol!!

I don't blame them for leaving early . I hear the ceremony was 5 1/2 hrs??
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 11:20:32 am »

Great photos and thanks for the 411, Jane, on the induction!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 11:56:13 am »

Interesting, glad you were ther to see it.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:48:57 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d07mMtepIOM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d07mMtepIOM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

whoa nosebleed seats!!
Great sound though!
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 05:07:11 pm »

Totally Amazing!! Shocked
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:02 am »

Thanks all for posting.  Love the shot with the photo of Donovan in the back of the stage.
geegee
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 07:11:28 am »

Great pics!  I was lucky enough to be there.  John's speech was hilarious.  He talked a lot about how Donovan "inspired" him.  He used the quote sign every time he said the word " inspired".  He said "you people in the business, and you know who you are, knows that "inspired" just means someone  you stole a whole lot of shit from!". John was very passionate in his appreciation for Donovan.  He even had with him his first album he bought of Donovans.  He said, can you see that, pointing to the upper left hand corner of the album, that says Mellencamp.  Growing up in Indiana that's how we kept track of our stuff.  We didn't have a lot of money so we had to trade our albums around, but you always had to keep track of them". John and Donovan's performance of Season of the Witch was very passionate as well.  They had a great time on stage together.  John and Meg left as soon as he was done.  They sat at a table with the other presenters, Bette Midler, Kid Rock, Robbie Robertson, Chris Rock and a couple other people I didn't know.  Bette sat between John and Meg and Bette and Meg seemed quite friendly together. John smoked the entire time.  He even had a lit cigarette in his hand at the beginning of the induction speech.  He looked around to see what he should do with it then walked up to the edge of the stage and dropped it onto the floor below.  Gotta love our JM!
it was an honor for john to induct donovon. but the way he dropped his ciggarette on to the floor was not honorable. he had a chance to get rid it of before coming on stage.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 10:50:04 am »

it was an honor for john to induct donovon. but the way he dropped his ciggarette on to the floor was not honorable. he had a chance to get rid it of before coming on stage.
He did the same at his own induction, he dropped the cig on the step and put it out with his shoe I think. Take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:50:27 pm by Mellenfan71 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: