John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:12:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp Dylan Ontario CA concert  (Read 6681 times)
sstephenson
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:31:07 am »

I just returned home from the Aug 19th concert at Ontario CA.  I was so looking forward to another outstanding concert.   The Dylan groupies that I had the misfortune of sitting next to were not a credit to his fan club.  I will forever be a Mellencamp fan, however, I would never act in such a manner as to be a discredit to the rest of the fans.  What a huge disappointment.  I had a 3rd row center ticket and ended up leaving after John;s concert was over.
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42:02 am »

I was there front row, center stage (had a red IU baseball cap on).  The Dylan fans around me all thought Mellencamp put on a great show.  Sorry you had to sit by idiots.  

It was good to see John although not as good as seeing him as the headliner (fewer songs), but I knew that going in.  It was a great warm up for the shows this fall and early next year.
eyesontheprize
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »

I was there front row, center stage (had a red IU baseball cap on).  The Dylan fans around me all thought Mellencamp put on a great show.  Sorry you had to sit by idiots.  

It was good to see John although not as good as seeing him as the headliner (fewer songs), but I knew that going in.  It was a great warm up for the shows this fall and early next year.

I spotted you!  We were third row center surrounded by the Bob fans who probably have known each for years-at least that's how it seemed.  Two to my left actually stood for the Mellencamp set but were "reserved" as opposed to their elation when Dylan took the stage.  Mellencamp appeared to be a bit parched during the set having several drinks of water throughout.  It was just about the tightest hour set of music of seen in quite some time.  "If I Die Sudden" live is stunning.  Hopefully we'll get some west coast dates in 2011, and I'll be back for the 90 minute version, with more of the recent album tracks being played.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: