John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:48:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help finding a CD/song  (Read 13135 times)
sunnydeetilly
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »

hello! i am not sure if this is the appropriate area, but I am hoping for help locating a double CD set that has two seemingly impossible to find songs on it.  I remember that the audio tapes have flags on them...one song is about "if you love me you'll buy me a yappy yappy dog and progress to buy me " a mansion on a hill".  The other song that follows is "let me die easy oh ya ya ya".  If anyone has the title of this whole set (and ideas where I can find it, it would really be appreciated! THANK YOU!!!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:35 am »

hello! i am not sure if this is the appropriate area, but I am hoping for help locating a double CD set that has two seemingly impossible to find songs on it.  I remember that the audio tapes have flags on them...one song is about "if you love me you'll buy me a yappy yappy dog and progress to buy me " a mansion on a hill".  The other song that follows is "let me die easy oh ya ya ya".  If anyone has the title of this whole set (and ideas where I can find it, it would really be appreciated! THANK YOU!!!

You are talking about the album Cutting Heads from 2001 which at Best Buy included a bonus disc with a few live songs from John's acoustic 2000 Good Samaritan Tour. I don't believe that the version with the bonus disc is still in print.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 10:51:01 am »

There were two songs included, "Hey Gyp" and "In My Time of Dying." Not only is that bonus disc out of print, I think the entire "Cuttin' Heads" album is out of print. Not sure about that, but I think I read that somewhere. A shame if it's true -- it's really a great album even if John himself doesn't think too highly of it.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:36 am »

There were two songs included, "Hey Gyp" and "In My Time of Dying." Not only is that bonus disc out of print, I think the entire "Cuttin' Heads" album is out of print. Not sure about that, but I think I read that somewhere. A shame if it's true -- it's really a great album even if John himself doesn't think too highly of it.

That album should still be in print, at a minimum digitally at all MP3/digital music stores but without the bonus tracks.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sunnydeetilly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 11:34:27 am »

Thanks! Those songs have some special memories for me--was so hoping to get a copy of them!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »

You got a copy of them now -- download both songs at this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lm9h27 Click the link that says, "Click here to start download from sendspace" and the download will begin.
charlie460

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:35 am »

Hate to bump a thread this old, but does anyone have a copy of Hey Gib by any chance? The sendspace link posted earlier has expired, I've been looking for a copy for ages. Lost my bonus disc.
charlie460

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 06:25:09 pm »

Bumping this super old thread because it's still right at the top of a Google search for "mellencamp hey gib" - finally found an mp3 copy if anyone is still looking for it.

use adblock when accessing these sites...

https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/is190TFN/file.html

https://sndup.net/58x3
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:32:03 pm by charlie460 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: