John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 11:02:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is not impressed by new website?  (Read 17949 times)
robuster
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:21 pm »

Since the website for jm changed a couple of weeks ago I have been searching for reasons to post the positives about it. I guess my expectations may be too high but it just doesn't seem to match the stature of JM; especially after his latest release which I think is absolutely great! It's 6:00 central my time and it's the release date of his album and website shows nothing special at all to promote and celebrate the release! Disappointing since I read quotes where the changes were going to be up to the standarts of JM. It's my conclusion he has little to do with this website and that's a shame! I guess I am frustrated because I am a huge fan of JM but have always been frustrated and disappointed by his website; this update including. Other artists I really enjoy seem to be so much more involved with their websites. Namely Bryan Adams, Steve Earle, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty. Since his release today I put JM above all of the aformentioned artists and thats why I am venting!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »

Since the website for jm changed a couple of weeks ago I have been searching for reasons to post the positives about it. I guess my expectations may be too high but it just doesn't seem to match the stature of JM; especially after his latest release which I think is absolutely great! It's 6:00 central my time and it's the release date of his album and website shows nothing special at all to promote and celebrate the release! Disappointing since I read quotes where the changes were going to be up to the standarts of JM. It's my conclusion he has little to do with this website and that's a shame! I guess I am frustrated because I am a huge fan of JM but have always been frustrated and disappointed by his website; this update including. Other artists I really enjoy seem to be so much more involved with their websites. Namely Bryan Adams, Steve Earle, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty. Since his release today I put JM above all of the aformentioned artists and thats why I am venting!

Feeback is always welcome.

Perhaps you have missed some of the updates we have posted to the site today, it's possible if you didn't do a hard refresh on the home page you may not have seen the note about the album being released and a few others. Additionally, the NEWS section has been getting a steady stream of album reviews for the past few days, we are nearing 40 reviews post of the album. The entire first page of the news is new from yesterday and today.

Make sure you check out the story on the home page detailing John's visit to Tavis Smiley including a peek at the setlist for the rest of the week.

You seem to imply you were expecting some other new content to mark the release of the album. We have posted most of the in the weeks leading up to the album. But hopefully there will be a few more things to surprise you in the coming weeks. For now all of John's performances on Tavis will have to suffice.

The site itself is pretty much the same site as the old one with a new look, content system and message board. We plan some additions in the "About" and "Media" sections, but they will be rather modest in nature and probably will come in time for the TOUR. We are so deep in activities for the new album and tour on sale a few things have to wait for their moment.

John does not have very hands on approach to the website, although he supervised the design change. The entire motif was his idea and direction. John is a busy guy and prefers to let his work speak for himself rather than treading into the twitter era of over communication. He has a team of us who over see his online presence as well as his public relations presence and he lets us do our job.

John has, on occasion, posted messages and content through his site directly for his fans, probably at the same frequency as the peers you mention.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
robuster
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:25 pm »

I do appreciate your reply and you are correct in your statements about the website. I can sense you are heavily involved in johns web presence and here is my opportunity to thank you for your efforts regarding this site! I have been a followerer of his website for the past few years and have seen you are am important player here! Without you the website would be lacking even more! Appreciate it and got second row seats in Minneapolis!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:28:43 am »

I do appreciate your reply and you are correct in your statements about the website. I can sense you are heavily involved in johns web presence and here is my opportunity to thank you for your efforts regarding this site! I have been a followerer of his website for the past few years and have seen you are am important player here! Without you the website would be lacking even more! Appreciate it and got second row seats in Minneapolis!

I thank you for your thanks for our efforts. While they may not always be as pleasing and to the complete satisfaction of everyone we try very hard to take good care and inform John's fans.

What I would love to hear are feature and technology suggestions for the site. Wishing John has a personal message for us every day is one thing, and one thing that isn't very realistic.

However there are other ideas that may be and I would like to hear them.

walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:54:17 pm »

I, for one, am very impressed by this website. It looks great and everything about it is top notch. One suggestion to spice it up that I wish would get strong consideration: How about a text or video interview of John answering questions from fans. You could set up an e-mail account where some of us hardcore fans could ask questions like, "Why didn't 'Common Day Man' get included on the 'Lonesome Jubilee' album?" and John could answer these questions either over the phone or by recorded video. If he chose to answer them by phone, you could merely post transcribed text of the interview on this site. If he chose the video route, you could post video of him answering the questions either with someone asking the questions to him or by posting a graphic of the question on the video and then letting John launch into his answer.

That would be really cool -- John could do it every six months or so and it would take no more than 20-30 minutes of his time. What a wonderful way that would be for him to keep in personal touch with his fans without having to do any real work or take a huge amount of time out of his schedule, and it could lead to a great interview where he's asked something other than "how did the hand claps get on 'Jack and Diane?'" and then we wouldn't have to hear the Lin drum machine answer for the 3,000th time. Just a thought. This seems pretty realistic to me.
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:48:13 am »

Took some getting used to, like anything else new, but I like the new site very much!
Thanks for all you do for us Tony! And everybody else at the site!

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 07:09:41 am »

I enjoyed the feedback from the band members.  It was interesting hearing from them during the tour.  Each could give a little insight from their view!
Love the new look and easy navigation of the site.
Maradona10
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 06:07:27 am »

You know, I really think there are just way too many subforums here.

A more general JM forum would probably be best for everyone...and topics would get more views/replies for sure.

TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 09:03:43 am »

You know, I really think there are just way too many subforums here.

A more general JM forum would probably be best for everyone...and topics would get more views/replies for sure.

You can always follow the most recent postings in all topics through this link.

http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?action=recent

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: