John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:59:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Livin' in Bloomington is great!  (Read 9330 times)
teridave
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:54:41 pm »

I was on my way home from work tonight in my old beater, 86 Chevy pickup. I was going north on Adams St. between 6th and 7th street. I saw an old women in her 80's in a gaudy pink outfit sitting in an old wooden chair in her driveway. I looked at her and smiled because I thought to myself that I felt like I was in a John Mellencamp video. The lady waved and I waved back. I had an even bigger smile. Right after that a Mellencamp song came on the radio.
That little moment made my day, (I know, but hey, I'm from Indiana).
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18:55 am »

Hey Dave, that is a perfect Mellenmoment! But they don't always have to be in Indiana~

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

teridave
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:06:23 pm »

Oh, I know. I've lived in Tennessee, and Washington state. Both places have the same kind of people and areas. I just really love Indiana where my roots are!
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:39 am »

I agree, perfect mellenmoment.....it made me smile reading it.  Smiley
gterzer
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »

Those are moments that you live for.....something so simple as a glance, a smile and a wave and let's not forget John's beautiful music!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: