John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:19:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: No Better Than This - Retail Research  (Read 73421 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:34:26 am »

We are looking for retail reports from fans who have visited a retail store since the release of No Better Than This. We have a short survey for you to fill out about your experience.

Complete the survey and then make a post in this thread below to confirm that you filled the survey out. Feel free to tell everyone about your experience in your post!

You can fill the survey out as many times as you want, so if you keep visiting more stores swing back in and enter it in and post below.

We don't have any amazing new autographed items, just posters and CD's for John's past albums. We appreciate any checks you can submit but please don't exhaust yourself.

We are going to pick three people out of those who post that they completed the survey and send them an autographed Mellencamp item in a few weeks!

Having trouble with the form below? Here is a link to take it online: http://www.impressity.com/Survey/sl.aspx?SurveyLinkId=ixefgkhytatjiivazlei

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:07:23 am by TonyBClubManager » Logged

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:57 pm »

survey completed

(do you want us to post each time we complete one?  i had already been out this morning before i saw this, but i will continue to check and submit)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:55:07 pm »

survey completed

(do you want us to post each time we complete one?  i had already been out this morning before i saw this, but i will continue to check and submit)

Sure feel free to post each time you enter a new report. In fact it would help your chances of being pulled for a prize pack

kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »

Donezo!!   Grin

Enjoying my new CD immensely!!
~Kyrs

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
speechlessmolly
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 06:18:20 pm »

Adding No Better Than This as well as On the Rural Route 7609 to my IPOD playlist right now! Can't wait to listen to them both!
Still Speechless Grin
zanardi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »

Completed survey. Target selling for $7.99 (regular price $13.99).
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:27:43 pm »

got the album at target as mentioned it is 7.99, im glad to see his music still gets a nice spot on the newly released endstand, even david gray didnt make the endstand with his new album.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 02:44:33 pm »

Went to three places today; barnes and noble, borders, and bestbuy.  Barnes & Noble it was 16.99 on the new release rack, best buy it was 9.99 also on new release rack, borders it was 13.99 on new release rack with a 16 by 20 poster!!!! really cool.  Oh AND  at barnes and noble the cd was playing in the store, Im pretty sure they were playing the whole album considering when i got there each day of sorrow was playing and then easter eve came on.  One quick comment though, Im a little afraid that his choice of album cover may hurt sales, it is really hard to find when looking in the stores, just does not stand out at all.  The poster at borders certainly helps though.
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »

I just completed the survey, but I realized after submitting it that I was not signed in as I came in directly from my email link. Will that mess anything up as far as proof that I completed it? If so, let me know and I can go in and complete it again. Smiley    I got my copy of the new CD from Best Buy, WDM, IA- They had at least 20 copies of the new cd @9.99 each. The cd was in the Sunday flyer and they had a nice promo of John at the entryway to the CDs.
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:21:06 pm »

Picked up my CD this morning at Target and just completed the survey.

Dar
tedibayers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »

Just completed the survey for 2 stores I went to today. I'll try to head another direction this weekend. There's not alot around here, there's walmarts every direction you go though.

Everything is cool as can be
In a Peaceful World..

Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters....(Metallica)

~Gail~
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »

I just completed the survey, but I realized after submitting it that I was not signed in as I came in directly from my email link. Will that mess anything up as far as proof that I completed it? If so, let me know and I can go in and complete it again. Smiley    I got my copy of the new CD from Best Buy, WDM, IA- They had at least 20 copies of the new cd @9.99 each. The cd was in the Sunday flyer and they had a nice promo of John at the entryway to the CDs.

Make sure you post in the thread that you completed the survey when you are complete. If you are picked to be a winner we can compare your IP address from your post on the board to your survey.

I didn't want to let the survey website collect ANY personal data on you all so that is why it doesn't ask for your email or user name etc.

selena
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 09:46:27 pm »

Thanks for the heads up on letting you know if we completed the survey.  I did the survey yesterday.  I went to an independent record store in Minneapolis and paid $14.99. 
jmellencampfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 12:31:04 am »

I submitted my form...
Located CD in Target (1 copy which I purchased). It was on sale at a great price, only $7.99!
CD also located in WalMart, (6 copies), price of $12.00.
No promo materials in either store, other than name and sale tag in Target.
Didn't look at any sale fliers, just happened to be in Target shopping. 

Kim K. JM Fan For Life!!
eyesontheprize
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 12:53:28 am »

I purchased at Target, since they seem to carry the latest popular releases.  The CD was in the new releases section.  Interesting packaging, not shrink wrapped, but a fold over type baggie with tape, and no jewel box, probably for environmental reasons, and/or theme of the release.  Paid $7.99 which is a great price, and based on JM's recent comments about digital downloads, I'm pleased that I have a pristine CD copy.  In that section there were three remaining at 8:00 P.S.T.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: