John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:49:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: No Better Than This - Retail Research  (Read 73429 times)
vengman
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 10:03:59 am »

Just filled out my survey. Got my CD at Target on sale for $7.99, couldn't find it at first and the girl working there said she's never heard of John Mellencamp. What a crime! Found it on the new releases end aisle. Love the music. Victoria
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 05:28:37 pm »

Went to Walmart today even though I cant stand that place and they didnt even have it on the new release section, kind of crappy.  They did have it though 9.99.

Of the places Ive been seems like Best Buy (9.99) and Borders (13.99) are promoting it the best.

Target has the best price. 7.99

Barnes n Noble has the worst price. 16.99 (on sale too, ouch)

and Wal-Mart doesnt have it on the new release section, yet another reason I hate Walmart.

Next I may check out Costco tomorrow, we'll see.
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »

I went to 2 Targets in MN today.  Willmar and Hutchinson.  Both were sold out!  Price 7.99
I did the survey the other day so now I am just going to reply here, or should we do the survey each time?  Your Opinion Tony.......
It made me smile when they sold out.  I bought a copy at Target, Shopko and Amazon on Tuesday.  I was going to buy 2 more for more Mellenheads to be, but will have to do some more searching for me and promoting for us, that means more stores to "check it out"
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »

Did a check of my local FYE---no promo material at all hung.  CD was on the bottom shelf near floor, but the very young clerk did know who John was and where the cd was located, totally embarrassed my 20 year old, by taking a pic with my phone of the cd.
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 06:46:41 pm »

Starbucks-  Bellerose, New York.  No copies at register.   Coffee and blended ice tea plentiful!
vickidr
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:09 am »

Hi All,

Purchased my Cd this evening at Target for $7.99 in the Just Released section...checked Wal-Mart yesterday no copies anywhere..not even a slot for it..Listened to cd all the way home...Completed surey....Vicki

Music luver
sweetrose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 09:19:46 am »

I just did a survey for the Niagara Falls, NY stores ..... it was quite funny when I went to Target, I actually could not find it at first, so I asked the electronics dept. clerk if he has John Mellencamps New CD, and he looked at me with this puzzled look on his face, and said who, and I just sort of rolled my eyes and said John Mellencamp, and then the light bulb went on, we found them !!

Debbie

dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:35 pm »

Completed survey-visited FYE and Starbucks, attempting to send photo of
shelf position in FYE.  Terribly placed near floor, no posters or information hung,
you would never know its there.  The clerk thought I was a nutcase taking a pic of
it, on my phone!
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 05:59:22 pm »

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs251.snc4/39882_830824578950_22901814_46612194_2350356_n.jpg

This is from Borders, very nice display!!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 05:56:56 pm »

Looking over the submission logs I see that some of you have been having problems submitting because there are multiple submissions.

I think that may have been due to the captcha on the form, which I have now turned off. Hopefully we won't get too many spam robots submitting to the form.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 07:27:39 pm »

posted 1 survey, which covered 2 stores (Target & K-Mart).

sale price at Target was over, was now $13.99

K-Mart had no JM whatsoever.  they did have a new release end cap, but no JM on it, or in artist bins
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 07:40:44 am »

3rd store~FYE Roosevelt Field Mall, located under artist, no promo
material. $14.99
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 11:05:58 pm »

FILLED OUT THE SURVEY. NO DOUBT THAT TARGET HAS THE BEST PRICE ON JOHN'S NEW CD AT $7.99. SAW IT IN SUNDAY ADS AT BEST BUY FOR $10.99.
tedibayers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »

I did Walmart & Kmart in Clarion PA....  That's all we have around these parts.

Everything is cool as can be
In a Peaceful World..

Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters....(Metallica)

~Gail~
tedibayers

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 10:21:21 pm »

I did Walmart & Kmart in Clarion PA. That's all there is in this area...

Everything is cool as can be
In a Peaceful World..

Forever trust in who we are, and nothing else matters....(Metallica)

~Gail~
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: